No announcement yet.

UPS strikes again (from Chris' Guitars)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS strikes again (from Chris' Guitars)

http://www.chrisguitars.com/upsdamage-premier.jpg

Used to be a Premiere amp. Now it's toast.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: UPS strikes again (from Chris\' Guitars)

Holy shit! That's sucks big time. I've always had good luck with USPS, but if you ship a warrior or a V, cost sky rockets. I think DHL is reasonable. Man I shake when I get stuff via UPS.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda:
      Holy shit! That's sucks big time. I've always had good luck with USPS, but if you ship a warrior or a V, cost sky rockets. I think DHL is reasonable. Man I shake when I get stuff via UPS.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newc - O U C H !! [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

On DHL - they haven't become my #1 shipper....yet. That may very well change with their new expansion. Every experience I've had with them has been good (as well as the USPS). Both are faster than UPS. The post office has not damaged anything I've shipped with over 100 shipments in & out. DHL treats everything they have shipped me with kid gloves. They got my Model 7 from Texas to Ohio in 2 days and it cost a whopping $21 or $24 (been a year [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ).

Comment

The Samsonite Apes are back at it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thankfully that wasn't mine - I was just browsing and saw the link [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And I may start going with DHL/USPS from now on - I've shipped a bass to Japan, a Roswell to Australia, and received a guitar from Japan through them with no trouble - I send or receive a guitar to/from within the US by F'edEx or UPS and it gets damaged [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My only experience with DHL has been getting our paychecks from our home office an hour away and they have been very unreliable. It has taken them 2 days to ship a small envelope from 60 miles north.

Comment

I would probably strangle the whole staff of the postal service. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal:
                I would probably strangle the whole staff of the postal service. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">UPS isn't our postal service; it's a non-government run package delivery service.

USPS is our postal service; and if you knew anything about them, you'd know not to f**k with them! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- E.

[ July 03, 2004, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: AlexL ]
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

O_o

Damn I don't even know what to say. They had to have abused the shit out of the shipping box in order to do that to an amp. Unless the UPS truck got nailed by a train, that was no accident.

USPS is our postal service; and if you knew anything about them, you'd know not to f**k with them!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup they have a fetish for fully-automatic assault rifles. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That should be the poster child for packing 'til it hurts.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                      http://www.chrisguitars.com/upsdamage-premier.jpg

Used to be a Premiere amp. Now it's toast.

Newc
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jebus! Do you guys have Gorillas as your postal service people?

Andy!

Comment

Now the USPS (United States Postal Service- our official national postal service) gets its fair share of complaints. This is a beef with UPS (United Parcel Service- a for- profit delivery company.) This is a very important distinction and they should not be confused. Your shippment may depend on it.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                          The Samsonite Apes are back at it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good to see they get employment after being layed-off for so long. But I'd rather see them work at ESP or Ibanez... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

A few months ago, after Greg Crowe's post about his rare Dean being ruined by UPS, I started to wonder what the impact is going to be over the next 10-20 years with so many collectible guitars now being shipped due to eBay, classifieds like ours here, etc. A small %age each year could eventually add up to a sizeable chunk of the total number of San Dimas Charvels, or rare old Fenders or Gibsons for that matter. Sure, you can insure them, but that's cold comfort when it's an item that can't be truly replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Immortal:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">UPS isn't our postal service; it's a non-government run package delivery service.

USPS is our postal service; and if you knew anything about them, you'd know not to f**k with them! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- E.
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry on that one. I don't know USA that much, but I was close. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                              Tell me what happens when you try to fuck with USPS? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X