No announcement yet.

UPS strikes again (from Chris' Guitars)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UPS strikes again (from Chris\' Guitars)

Originally posted by dg:
    A few months ago, after Greg Crowe's post about his rare Dean being ruined by UPS, I started to wonder what the impact is going to be over the next 10-20 years with so many collectible guitars now being shipped due to eBay, classifieds like ours here, etc. A small %age each year could eventually add up to a sizeable chunk of the total number of San Dimas Charvels, or rare old Fenders or Gibsons for that matter. Sure, you can insure them, but that's cold comfort when it's an item that can't be truly replaced.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You could always deliver yourself or meet up halfway.

Comment

There is an expression here in the U.S.: to "go postal", which came about after several different incidents in which disgruntled Postal workers came to work with automatic weapons and killed a bunch of co-workers. The government even launched a P.R. campaign to claim that Postal workers were no more likely than anyone else to go on homicidal rampages. I remember it well, because it was during this campaign that the mailman who delivered to my wife's office stabbed his ex-wife & her new boyfriend to death & led police on an 80-mile car chase before killing himself. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Fuck me you Americans are crazy, I'm so glad I live in the UK (with all the pikeys and scallies [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )!

Andy!

Comment

Yes, guilty as charged. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now, what in God's name are these pikeys & scallies of which you speak?

Comment

Pikeys are Irish gypsys, tough as nails and will nick anything, they do things like live in caravans and fight, watch Snatch and there is Mickey (played by Brad Pitt) who is a pikey,

Scallie is another name for chav go to www.chavscum.co.uk to find out more.

Andy!

Comment

So chavs are white Brits who think they're black?

Comment

The message I'm getting is that chavs are women with huge implants and the men who love them. Next vacation? Jolly old England, thank you very much. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

They are generally teenagers who dont have 5 brain cells between them. Their boyfriends generally stand outside gigs ready to steal anything they can from any one and bash about any unlucky sods who come out a bit early.

You don't wanna go anywhere near them trust me, more STD's than a whorehouse in Ghana [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Andy!

Comment

Working...
                  X