Howard Stern staff salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Stern staff salaries

The Christy thread got me wondering....how much do all those yahoos make? John Melendez just got a 3 year contract on the Leno show for 1.5 million....that's got to be a huge raise from what he was making under Stern. IIRC, several years ago, Robin was making 600K a year [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] and Gary D'ell Abbate was at something like 140K.
    Jackie Martling got fired because he wanted 1 million a year. I think Stern himself makes 18 million nowadays, a lot of it from those damn ads, that wh0re! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Howard Stern staff salaries

I've been a Stern fan since he had his early radio show with Leslie West playing guitar. Back when I had my shop, I had a Stuttering John moment. I was working on a guitar in the back. The bell on my door rang and I peeked out from behind the wall, and there was Stuttering John Melendez {and his bandmates} standing there. Not two feet away from me was my hardcover Stern book, and a VHS New Years Eve show tape {which is hilarious}. Anyway, they were opening up for Ted Nugent at the Cape Cod Melody Tent and needed all their guitars worked on {3 1/2 hrs. before they were due to be on stage!} Mind you, they were still a 40 min. drive away. John was VERY nervous...I put a bunch of games up on my Kiss pinball and told him to relax. He then asked if there was a place to "really" relax...for a smoke [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . I sent him downstairs where I had a large studio room with my personal collection of guitars/amps/memorabilia. He proceeded to plop on the couch, and light up. I went to work on the guitars. Took about an hour to relace strings, intonate, replace/cut a few bridge saddles, and replace an input jack {2 LP's & John's red American Std. Strat}. I charged $10.00 for everything. John hooked me up for the show, and they were on their way {one station wagon pulling a small trailer}. The show was great, and John's band kicked ass {no he doesn't stutter when he sings [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] }. After they did their set, John came by where I was sitting, and we watched Nugent tear it up. There you have it...my Stuttering John experience. I can't imagine Stern paid him much at that time {93/94?}. They looked broke to me.

Comment

Re: Howard Stern staff salaries

I thought Stern made more than Letterman or Leno?

Comment

Working...
      X