Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else's dogs are going crazy right now???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else's dogs are going crazy right now???

Well usally I get Doggy Downers from the vet but this year I spaced and it's to late, I now have 2 black chows that going whacky becuase of all the fireworks, I'm cranking music up right now to drown out the fireworks and it seems to be working but has anyone ever gave a dog Nyquil or something?? I just hate to see them like this
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Who else\'s dogs are going crazy right now???

Originally posted by Drsracing:
    Well usally I get Doggy Downers from the vet but this year I spaced and it's to late, I now have 2 black chows that going whacky becuase of all the fireworks, I'm cranking music up right now to drown out the fireworks and it seems to be working but has anyone ever gave a dog Nyquil or something?? I just hate to see them like this
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Our dog is 12 years old. He spends most of his time sleeping, and his hearing isn't so good any more. I doubt he'll even know anything is going on. Worst case he'll bark a little bit (like he'll occasinally do with loud thunderclaps).

Do you have a basement or something they can go in? Or the ever-popular "hide under the bed" option?

Not sure about the Nyquil. I guess I wouldn't try it.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

No, We have a "manufacted home" so it's in the house or under the deck. I didn't think nyquil idea was a good one. But considering fireworks are illigal in King County I think blasting Faster Pussycat all night is the trick, The dogs don't mind the music [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I could break out the COB too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

our dog was trying to dig himself under our fence. our neighborhood is "booming" tonight!
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

My four pound Pico doesn't seem to mind too much about the firworks ...

he don't like thunderstorms though ...

he just smokes some weed , eats a chalupa and he's cool by then... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Mine keep coming under the desk and getting all the cords unplugged so It's Anthrax time now, I'm thinking just to piss off everyone since they're pissing me off is to set up my whole system outside tomarrow and CRANK Slayer,COB, Iced Earth, Opeth, and all that shit to show I mean business, If they try writing me a noise ticket, everyone who has fireworks gets fucking tickets.

Comment

In a my best DiNiro impression....you're slippin' your lil' 'pooch roofies ....you perverted bastard... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] ???!!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nothing beats cranking up the first VH record full blast with all the windows in the house open [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I did that everyday from 1978 to 1985....

and in 96 and 97 I did on stage every weekend... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Now I'm crankin' Nevermore and Evergrey these days ....and that's my "lighter' side... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing:
                    Nothing beats cranking up the first VH record full blast with all the windows in the house open [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I personally think you should blast the complete works of Black Sabbath today [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, if you have to run out to the store or something you should play "We've only just begun" by The Carpenters over and over in a loop the whole time while you're gone (let me know if you need it, I have a .WMA file [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ).
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I had my Black Sabbath day last week .....timeless ....man fuckin' timeless!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sabbath is on my list for today, as is every VH record, I actually need to bring my turntable out cause the original Vinyl of VH1 is where it sounds best [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I have to tell somebody. Me, my son and my dog moved to live with my step-son in Seattle last September. He has this multi-thousand dollar black lab. Before the dogs could get introduced, it was determined that my dog, Cisco, had to stay in a dog run they already had. Cisco does not like loud bangs and the irony of it all is we lived near a rifle range. He went nuts. Then we moved and Cisco stayed at the old house, in the run. We went over there everyday. Fast forward to New Years Eve. The assholes in this area think it's great fun to shoot fireworks. Well, at about 6 pm, I said we'd better check on Cisco again. We got there and some bozo was shooting off bigtime fireworks. We went to check the dog, and somehow he got out. He was so afraid he probably hurt himself getting out. I have not seen my dog since. WATCH YOUR DOG AND DO NOT LET IT OUT!!! IF IT FLIPS OUT ON FIREWORKS AND GETS OUT OF YOUR YARD, IT WILL RUN AND RUN AND RUN.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Ya, we're keeping them in the house. But on to more impotant things, I just remembered I have David Lee Roth's Eat em' And Smile record in SPANISH!!!!!! This is gonna rock

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
                              I have to tell somebody. Me, my son and my dog moved to live with my step-son in Seattle last September. He has this multi-thousand dollar black lab. Before the dogs could get introduced, it was determined that my dog, Cisco, had to stay in a dog run they already had. Cisco does not like loud bangs and the irony of it all is we lived near a rifle range. He went nuts. Then we moved and Cisco stayed at the old house, in the run. We went over there everyday. Fast forward to New Years Eve. The assholes in this area think it's great fun to shoot fireworks. Well, at about 6 pm, I said we'd better check on Cisco again. We got there and some bozo was shooting off bigtime fireworks. We went to check the dog, and somehow he got out. He was so afraid he probably hurt himself getting out. I have not seen my dog since. WATCH YOUR DOG AND DO NOT LET IT OUT!!! IF IT FLIPS OUT ON FIREWORKS AND GETS OUT OF YOUR YARD, IT WILL RUN AND RUN AND RUN.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats sad [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I had a lab/shepherd/beagle mutt who was very timid. He almost "hung" himself on his collar trying to escape his tie out about 3 years ago. When I got to him he was losing his legs from lack of oxygen.

Oh yeah, this was over a week after the 4th that year. Fucking redneck neighbors [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X