Met Clapton last night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met Clapton last night!

As many concerts as I've been to, and artists that I've met, last night was one of the coolest. I work at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield Ma. as a show supervisor. I've had many run-ins with the bands that play there. Clapton played two nights in a row {July 3 & 4}. At last nights show, I struck up a conversation with Lee Dickson {Clapton's tech} during set-up/soundcheck. I asked if he could have Eric sign the book I co-authored on Danelectro's {Guitars from Neptune}. That led to my meeting Eric. Eric was chauffered in by himself, in a cool black Mercedes. Appx. 20 min. later, Lee called me on the house radio, and told me to meet him in the tour bus area. Eric came out, Lee introduced me, and then left. I asked Eric if he still had the psychedelic painted Dano' {pictured in my book} as I hadn't seen it in any of the two guitar auctions. He told me an old girlfriend had it. I told him I would have loved to own it, which he replied "I would rather you owned it too"! He fanned through my book, and asked if he could have it. It was the only copy I had on site, and I really wanted him to sign below his picture with the Dano', but I relented and gave it to him. He was very laid back, without any "star" attitude throughout our 10 min. conversation. He asked me if there was anything I'd like to hear that evening, and I told him Layla would be cool. He said it was already in the set-list. I asked him about selling Blackie, and he told me it was for a cause that meant more to him than the guitar. I asked him if he brought a Les Paul, and would he be using it tonight. He told me he had a 335 with him but the Strat's were his main guitars. I asked Lee earlier if I could check out Eric's guitars, and he politefully told me no-one is allowed to handle them...oh well. Anyway, Eric shook my hand, and proceeded to the artist's lounge. By the way, he was on fire on show 1, and a tad under par on show 2. It was pretty cool meeting him, that's for sure.

Re: Met Clapton last night!

As cool as it would have been to get the autograph, I think it's even cooler that he wanted the book. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Great story! I wonder if Sheryl Crow has the psychedelic Dano?

Comment

Nice ticket price, milkin the peasants for all they have. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

I remember when I met Joe Perry like 8 years ago the only thing I could sya was, "Wow you're Joe Perry"

Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx were the coolest though, Tracii Guns is too
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile:
          Nice ticket price, milkin the peasants for all they have. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't forget the $37.50 Ticketbastard "convenience" fee.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Fortunately, I did not have to pay for the seat...work related [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Dave Mathews tonight & tomorrow...OZZFEST on Monday starts at 9:00 AM! That's going to be an "interesting" day [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool story!

My girlfriend and her mom will be at both DMB shows. I couldn't afford a ticket or I would have been there too.

Comment

Sound cool... wouldn't catch me dead at a Dave Matthews show though. I fuckin hate that guy. He has the most annoying voice. It's not even chick rock, I don't know what to call it....hmm...maybe crap... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Well JMO...

Comment

Working...
                X