Bad trader, non jcf: Advice needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad trader, non jcf: Advice needed...

I did a trade with a person from another board. Not a member of the jcf as far as I know. Anyway, That was at the end of March. I send my item right away. I received excuses and lies saying that it had been shipped. I'm very patient and assumed eventually he would get his shit together and send me the guitar. Anyay, I'm now officially "out of patience". I'm wondering what recourse I have?

Anyone else dealt with this type of thing? Who can I take my legal complaint to? Do I file a claim with the Post Office, the police in his city or what?

thanks in advance
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Re: Bad trader, non jcf: Advice needed...

Did he provide any tracking info? Who did he send it through, UPS, FedEx or USPS?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Never provide any tracking info. He said it was mailed many times, but then after asking he said it was never sent. Other parts of the story were that he sent it to the wrong person and received it back, then sent it again only to be lost by the post office.
      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Is his name Don Billingsley, by any chance? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Personally, I don't think you can do anything, unless you have a contract, or some sort of binder between the two of you.

Example, "I will send you my Gibson Les Paul, for your Fender Stratocaster." Also, him agreeing, and serial numbers, colors, that kind of shit would be handy too. Then on top of that, if you shipped it, hopefully you sent it with delivery confirmation, AND signature confirmation, by an adult.

Once you have that, you can prove he accepted such and such a package. You could then file a complaint with the local police department (his) or a claim with a small claims court (I believe, or at least I know in our area, anything over 25$ is enough for small claims court).

You could send him a certified letter from a lawyer (*probably cost you like 50$ or so) saying, that if the situation is not rectified, you will seek compensation through a civil court.

You send it on a lawyers letter head, and just pay the attorney, to pretty much put your thoughts on paper (Such merchandise was sent, on XXX and your end (John Smith) of the deal, has not been met, as per the conditions of our agreement. If these conditions are not met within (X days, weeks, whatever) (insert your name here) will seek action through (whatever medium here).

You get the idea, and it may be enough for him to get scared straight.

Comment

Deneb's about got it above. The only thing I'd add is that if you used the US Postal Service in any part of the transaction, file a mail fraud complaint against him with them. Odds are they won't do anything but it's always worth a shot.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

Also file it with the FBI as Internet Fraud - they're really cracking down on these guys.

Newc

Comment

Working...
              X