No announcement yet.

Bill's New Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bill get\'s a signature guitar!!!!

Double wow... Thanks for all the kind words people.

Better than new Dream Theatre? I didn't realize their new release sucked quite that bad! You guys are way too kind.

Probably somewhat of a sign that we should at least re-do "that" particular song, professionally recorded with a good drummer. Shame we didn't have enough of that sort of material to do a whole CD, haha...

It was hard enough for Bill and I not to kill each other at that time long enough to get that tune out! hehehe... Truly hard to melt styles (and personalities!)like Bills and mine together, every moment was an arguement, but some cool stuff came from it.

Guess that is how it works, either of us apart is "ok" but together it can be very cool at times.

Again, thanks for the nice words!

Comment

Fragle,
      I've probably heard the Linkin Park song before, but I don't remember it. I may have it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and listen to them both. That is just too crazy!

BillZ... I dunno if you would dig this "Octavarium" or not, I think you would like some of it. I'm not sure how much into prog you are, it can be annoying if you're not in the mood for it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I think this is an excellent "road trip" album, maybe a good "sex" album (although I think Tool is better for that... bwahahaha!), definitely good for chillin' out and if you're sick in bed. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Tool is the only progressive metal band who has made ONLY strong albums.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I absolutely adore Tool. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Tool is awsome, The only prog metal band after Queensryche who can write big MTV hits.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeah Fragle I seen that...I didn't here it but read that comparison..

Emmy good review my metal Sista..I'll pick this up eventualy..so much metal to buy , I can't keep up..

DT are world class in my book...James Labrie was the only element that grated on my nerves at times..but he seems to be improving..

Ty is incredible..you MUST hear him on Father Felon on the demo..I can imagine how this would sound like in a studio and not a 4trk tape recorder..

But where John is missing ..I had to fill it with something.. so I put a tapping bass arpeggio run in the middle..

John and I will eventually do this right..If anything I'll do the whole demo and have him come in and put counter parts , fills and solos in there..where needed...Our biggest problem is finding the right drummer...but for studio work John and I know a couple.

John will post My demo ..for those who want it..I had several requests for it..It's just a demo but if you enjoy it ..that really makes me happy.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Emmy you know that..it's a great feeling..even when you think it sounds like shit..and others like it..it's a rush!

as a matter of fact I want you guys to hear my demo and tell me if you think John and I should do this together..at the time he didn't like the direction I was going..and not of the same page "musically" speaking..

You see John was always a stickler for tradtional true shredding power metal..all the stuff I love too..Savatage , YJM , Old VH , slayer , without the harsh vocals and bash beats..

THAT'S AWESOME...he's awesome!!

But I wanted to add heavier elements to the music ..like Dimmu , Arch Enemy , Lamb of God , COB , COF and..Nevermore influences and elements..John wasn't really down with that ..at that time.

The end result is what my demo is..it's NOT black metal , It's NOT death metal, it's NOT power metal..it's all of that..It's HEAVY Metal..

We are like brothers..known each other half our lives..same metal school , same age , hell we look like book ends..and since then John's taste and style HAS shifted into heavier territory!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You tell us.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe we both need to hear this from you guys.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I bolted the band cuz you guys were (at that time) REALLY going the way of true to form Cradle of Filth, and I didn't want to be playing shows to nothing but 15 yr old boys in white makeup... Hahahaha...

Comment

yess yess, play together that heavy stuff not gay-black metal.

Comment

The actual direction we were going is exactly what is on that Bed Of Nails demo..it does have some "cradle of filth" elements ..but it is NOT black metal at all..I just wanted to use blast beats and harsh vox at times for the sake of dynamics..a song called "death perception" has THESE elements..you must hear it..it is NOT COF by any stretch..but there is some of that flavor in there...YES!

John post the demo..you will hear exactly what I'm talking about..then tell me if it is "crappy"...and if John and I should do this..

I really want both of us to hear your input..

But listen first and then comment..

you guys already know two songs "Scapegoat" and "High speed death roll"...HSDR was the one that split us..listen to THAT..and tell us your thoughts..I'm all ears!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ehh, it's just that you guys were in that pancake makeup at practice all the time and it really creeped me out man....

Comment

it was the Dark Marsupial that violated your Dinky!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That's where you drew the line , and I crossed it..

sorry I did not know there was a whole in my pants.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Scapegoat kicks ass, Troll had a cool riff in the middle, but I didn't liked that tremolo picking stuff and the vocal style on it at all.

Comment

OK E , That's what I want to hear..if you listen to the new Nevermore..there is alot of "tremolo" picking in that..I think it give parts of the song "weight"..but it's NOT black metal and it's not thru the whole song like so many bands..

That was out nod to Swedish death thrash..ala At The Gates..stuff..and Ty's first attempt ever in singing like that..

Comment

OH, in The song "Death Perception" I wrote that song with death vocals in mind like "death roll"..but TY wanted to sing..he's the singer..I let him handle that job.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill did not violate my dinky with anything!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Comment

Working...
                                X