Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tunez

[ QUOTE ]
    and I called Timmy.."Tinny"..because I was high.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And here I thought you were commenting on my guitar tone [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

BIIILLLL (rr7) BIIIIILLLLLLL (rr7 custom) BIIIIIIIILLLLLLL
      (RR7 Custom 7 String ) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

What's the story on that RR7 guitar?

Comment

Bill asked me about it , asked for some pics so I posted them I have had no plans on selling it If I do it was offered to Budman first he helped me out alot with refinishing the RR7, he declined.Bill & I have toyed with the idea of me selling it but I told him exactly what I got into it down to the last Dollar. I don't expect to get what I put into it, but I'm not gonna give it away either, Unless it's for a really smoken Warrior. Maybe a trans Blue one I saw once with gold hardware, & really cool inlays [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Sorry Joel haven't picked on you this week about Warriors LoL it needed to be done.

Comment

So, pretty much was just painted then? Or are there other mods done?

Sorry, I didn't see any info on it in the thread...

I don't know much about these units. There were imports I believe right? And All the USA ones are CS?

Comment

This one was an import I modded I added a Floyd Emgs & alot of brass plateing every where then had Daneen Paint it.

Comment

It looks beautiful sir..and I would love to have it in my stable amoung my fine axes...it would make a great addition..and One I would "play"...because I am Loomis Disciple..and badly want to play a 7 string after playing my friends IBZ once ..I took to it like a fish to water...getting used to it WON'T be a problem..

How is the string spacing Drake that is a 7 string neck correct..it looks wide..but not sure.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Emmy ...ahhhhhh...are you talkin' nasty???? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Timmy...I'm sure your tone is fine...Is it??? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Timmy...I'm sure your tone is fine...Is it??? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once he gets rid of that JMP-1 he'll be doing great. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

He's looking to a CAE3+se...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Emmy ...ahhhhhh...are you talkin' nasty???? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moi?
                      Heavens no! I would never dream of such a thing! [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Yeah, right. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once he gets rid of that JMP-1 he'll be doing great. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

He's looking to a CAE3+se...

[/ QUOTE ]

The JMP is not going to make the cut I'm afraid. The tone is actually pretty good but so far I like the Hafler better even though it's not as programmable. The CAE+se is VERY tempting. Finding one is going to be the tough part I think.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

JMP-1s are fine..they have their role , I get by with it with no probs...I'd like to try it with your 2150.

I don't know if Tim be happy with a CAE+se...you had to fuck with that thing alot to get where your at..and you're STILL not totally jazzed with it...it's pretty cool.

As hard as you push it..still too "tame" for my liking.

I think your poweramp is the shit..a high gain Engle preamp or my Uber Preamp section ...I'd assume would be KILLER!

Comment

Well Tim it depends what kind of tone your looking for exactly..The CAE+ can and will give you a "classic" Van Halen tone and that fuggin' 2150 with KT88s just puts that on steroids..But the CAE+ is NO gain monster by any stretch..IMO [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

It's more rich and organic sounding than the JMP-1. BUT the JMP-1 does have an edge that I love and need..and a authentic Marshall tone I love..comparable to the JCM 800 2210..which gives me that Criss Oliva / Glen Drover tone in spades..that "edge" is what John hates about that preamp..he calls it "white Noise hish"

Well, listen to the intro to Panama..that is EXACTLY the white noise "hish" he is referring to..without it..it's harmonically dead....what he calls "hish"..I call "life"..I even think Ed's tone is too "hishy" on that!

so we agree to disagree on that issue. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The first thing I'm required to do whenever I pick up John's guitar is turn the presence UP..big time!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

what Poweramp are you running with that JMP-1?

Maybe a friggin' 5150 halfstack w / BBE 422 in loop would fit your need better..I dunno...we already went that route.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

That's not bad...lead tone is a bit dead..but The Amotts do just fine with them..

dpends if YOU can make it work..Jeff Loomis , my favorite metal player.. uses Rectos..I can't make those work for shit for me.. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

BTW My Marshall rack accepts the BBE 422 pretty well..better with than without.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll sell you my old Squier Champ. That thing has the most amazing natural sound. Like sounds from nature, like bees buzzing in a coffee can. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Jack run a BBE in that Coffee can.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X