No announcement yet.

Bill's New Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah..Trivium is cool..not anying oustanding..the guiarist is the source of interest/talent there..vocally they remind me of classic Metallica..they have that kind of vibe..I guess that's Why Kirk Hammet is swinging from their nuts lately..they drop Metallica's name alot..not bad..actually pretty good..

but there is better bands out there..not getting the attention.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• I've raved on here about that crusade song for a long time, but nobody fucking notices...cut me some slack god damnit!!! never liked the first album a lot, but the new one has some good songs on it though. They're opening for Maiden in 2 weeks, so that might be good 8)

Comment

• oh and Fragle, I HIGHLY recommend the first three Arch Enemy albums. IMO Johna Liiva sings with ferocious intensity but you can always hear the words, he has a sort of crossing between clean and distorted voice that is pretty unique.

Stigmata and Burning Bridges are the strongest albums....Extremely cool songwriting and solos too...the Amotts were at the top of their game right there.

Comment

• I walked in on Liva, getting a hummer while Jeff Loomis was showing me around on the bus and he opened the door to the "private" room at the back of the bus..

It was pretty dark so I couldn't really see that well..a voice "bellowed.."GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE..ARGHH"..I looked at Jeff and said.."is that fuggin' Liva"..he said "yeah"..I said.."He sounds just like that on the fucking albums"..

I love ALL AE releases..all of them..I personally prefer Angela over Liva..just my preference..I think she sounds more like old school Carcass..just a chick doing it..and she does it well I must say..and Andy Sneap just polished them like a motherfucker..their live DVD is one of the best sounding live performances I ever heard and I can't waite to hear Nevermore's DVD coming out soon..It's just a tragedy to me that Chris Amott left..he and his bro Mike is pure Magic..I guess Chris may be doing' Armageddon full time or something..but that won't reach the status of AE..I don't think...He may return..I can't belive he hasn't to be honest..he fell out with somebody over him singing "clean" parts I believe...which is being overdone these days in that style of music..especially emo and metalcore..I loathe those out of key clean parts in those bands..if you can't "sing"..just keep it fuggin' heavy..

I been into AE since early '98, and drank with Mike for a couple hours..I've seen them several times live and I have to say Angela kicked them in the ass..and also put them on the map..I don't think they would have reached their status if Liva was still with them..

I just prefer death vox from the throat ..like Chuck Shuldiner, Bjorn Speed Strid, Tom Linberg, Peter Dolving ect..and even my singer Ty..than singing from the belly like Liva does..just my personal preference.

I do like Liva and also have his two Hearse and Non-Exist releases..if you dig him, please check those out.

Alot of my friend ..including my wife absolutely HATES Liva's voice...Warrel Dane and my freind Tall Paul actually argued over it on that tour, when they shared that bus..we were just talking about that the other night...

I should be getting started on my metal "must have" list now..I been side tracked with so much lately at home..I better put that off until after Vin's surgery..I got that cloud of anxiety hanging over my head..yeesh..

Bill Z Bub

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• OK Guys after today..I will be gone for a while.

Vinny is having extensive surgery tomorrow morning. He's going to going thru a tough time and recovery, and we have to keep up with school assignments when able...

So if I don't talk to you soon..

Have a Happy Thanksgiving..

Please, just because I'm absent this thread is for all my good friends to enjoy and talk with one another..have a great time and I'll be back as soon as possible.

Thank You,

Bill Z

I'll be busy with Vin after school since it's the day before this crap..after school we are going to go see Borat..should be fun.

Comment

• Hope Vin gets better quickly and doesn't fall behind in school. Borat is hilarious so enjoy that.

On another note:

What makes a man?
              Is it the power in his hands?
              Is it his quest for glory?
              Give it all you've got,
              to fight to the top
              So we can know your story

Now you're a man

A man, man man
              Now you're a man

A manny manny man
              A man man man

You are now a man
              You're a man
              Now you're a man

Live it, Live it

What make a man?
              Is it the woman in his arms?
              Just cause she has big titties?
              Or is it the way he fights every day?
              ....No, it's probably the titties

Now you're a man

A man, man man
              Now you're a man-man

Man-man man-man man
              Now you're a man

M-A-N, man
              Man, man-man man
              Now you're a man

Comment

• I've got that song but what the hell was the band called again??
                "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

• classic! I've gonna have that tune in my head all day now
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

• Bill, have you heard Niacin? I think Billy Sheehan does his best playing there, funky grooves, slapping, jazzy stuff etc.

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6c6zWpzlQk
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                      I've got that song but what the hell was the band called again??
                      I think it was D.R.I.???

Wicked tune though.

Comment

I've got that song but what the hell was the band called again??
                        DVDA. The song is from Orgazmo
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          Yes, I knew it was some weird D type acronym.

I fucking love Cathedral. That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            Right! Thanks man. I've heard one other song from them and it's called "Twisted Steel Leather Donut"
                            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Right! Thanks man. I've heard one other song from them and it's called "Twisted Steel Leather Donut"
                              That's not them....

"A commonly misattributed song, Twisted Steel Leather Donut, is actually by the band Headset, however it did appear on the soundtrack to Orgazmo, which is indirectly responsible for the confusion"
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

• I love this cat:

Comment

Working...
                                X