Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bill\'s Place

Hey guys ..Rich , Em

I'm too pissed off and glum today for conversation...

P.O. Niggemeyer get's a drink on me..he kicked ass! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

he looks like a fellow metal copper himself...

what a fukked up world..

something has to give eventually ...something has to change.

and I think eventually it will ...we may never see it ...but something big this way comes.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Damn Bill.... I just sat here and read thru "most" of the posts here and never realized the depth of info in this particular thread.... Good stuff....

Comment

In all honesty Bill, I haven't really read any of this thread before. And I know that I would probably have a lot to say here if I did. Whatever. I'm gonna keep drinking my Jack Daniles and mourning. I told myself I was done with Jack again, at least for awhile. But then this happens. I have never missed someone I didn't know before. It's weird.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I have never missed someone I didn't know before. It's weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both, Ace. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          Off to bed now... listening to Cemetary Gates. I'm so tired.

Comment

You know something ****? When I was a kid in a music history class at USM, the teacher reacted when John lennon was shot, "Well, it's just a rock guy."! I thought that was so ****, but figured the stuffed-shirtclassical teachers were different than rockers like me.Today on a couple of different boards, the John Lennon murder date being the same as Darrell's has been mentioned, and people have commented that Darrell doesn't compare to John Lennon. This pissed me the fukk off! WHO THE FUKK are they to put their grief over Lennon above our grief over Darrell? The numbers may not be AS high, but this has crushed millions of people and I am really pissed that fellow rockers can be that fukking insensitive, or that they can't believe someone who was aware of the Beatles would even be aware of Pantera and Damageplan? WTF? This, and the gun-control nuts just using this as an excuse to rant on again, sicken me. The fukking vultures always come out.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Good guys like Dime go down while gangsta drug dealing rappers like 50 cent are able to take 9 bullets and come out like nothing happened. It's a damn shame how this world works.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                You know something ****? When I was a kid in a music history class at USM, the teacher reacted when John lennon was shot, "Well, it's just a rock guy."! I thought that was so ****, but figured the stuffed-shirtclassical teachers were different than rockers like me.Today on a couple of different boards, the John Lennon murder date being the same as Darrell's has been mentioned, and people have commented that Darrell doesn't compare to John Lennon. This pissed me the fukk off! WHO THE FUKK are they to put their grief over Lennon above our grief over Darrell? The numbers may not be AS high, but this has crushed millions of people and I am really pissed that fellow rockers can be that fukking insensitive, or that they can't believe someone who was aware of the Beatles would even be aware of Pantera and Damageplan? WTF? This, and the gun-control nuts just using this as an excuse to rant on again, sicken me. The fukking vultures always come out.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Fukk' em. We don't need them. They don't understand, that's the whole point. When it comes to missing Dimebag, you are far from alone. We have each other to look to for support. I miss Lennon too. But he was never my hero in the way Dimebag was. For me personally, this is worse than Kurt Cobain. Yesterday changed my life, plain and simple. Every day from now on I will wake up in a world where this has happened.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

P.O. Niggemeyer get's a drink on me..he kicked ass! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

he looks like a fellow metal copper himself...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill, anyway in your circle of Police friends, that you can congratulate Niggemeyer personally? The dude hit that scumbag from 20 feet away, right in the head and upper torso without harming one hair on the hostage he had.
                  Now that's one hell of a shot in my book!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Fukk' em. We don't need them. They don't understand, that's the whole point. When it comes to missing Dimebag, you are far from alone. We have each other to look to for support. I miss Lennon too. But he was never my hero in the way Dimebag was. For me personally, this is worse than Kurt Cobain. Yesterday changed my life, plain and simple. Every day from now on I will wake up in a world where this has happened.

[/ QUOTE ]You're right Ace, we don't need them. t's just kinda fukked to me because it's my generation having this bland reaction. I'm 46 and started with bands like Sabbath, Purple, Scorpions, Halen, Rush, but was at the tail end of the Beatles, Hendrix generation. The fact that thesepeace love dope comrades of mine can be crass about it, well I feel bad being part of that generation which seems to be hypocritical to its own ideals now.Dime was not really a hero to me, I'm 8 years older than him. He had more of the heartwarming effect of "HEY! That young dude can fukkin' PLAY!" As you get older and see younger guys carrying on and pushing the envelope of metal guitar, it's almost a paternal feeling. Not that you really have anything to do with it happening, but it feels like the family name, or the cause, is going on. That's what I felt about guys like Darrell, that and that he would be a fun mofo to jam with! Lennon I mourned as a voice for peace, though I wasn't a big Beatle fan. Cobain I liked a few of his songs but I felt worst because if he was too sad to live being a platinum rockstar, well shit, he was one sad guy. I've had depressed people in my life and could relate. here you see Darrell as your hero, I see him as the young Turk who kicked ass and died way too young.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hey dudes ...Hey Ace it's nice to see you here man.

Brad , you too dude ...yeah this is a place where we just come to talk crap and spew ..whatever..

Without this this I wouldn't have got to know many of great people here ..people I hold as my dearest friends ...even if it's on the PC...

good people are good people ...Period ...and of course being a "guitar" forum ...we have a foot in the door for
                      "like minds" from the get go ...an ice breaker really..

well all my personal friends are mostly musicians ...or metal lovers basically..

Neggemeyer did great under instant adrealinized stress..I've been there (it's lots of repetative training)..I saved my partners life who was getting sprayed by led at close range by a deranged security guard..I shot the guard from 60 feet away ...in the dark ..in pouring rain..I had to ...those shots had to count ...or it would have been mine and Carl's asses..That was not an option.

Well , it's over Dime is Gone but his legacy will only get stronger just like those greats that fell before him ...including Lennon..

Everyone has their own personal heros....not everyone will appreciate Dime ...just metal heads mostly ...and other guitarist and musicians who do this for a honest living..it's very sad.

I never liked the Beatles much so John Lennon's death even though very tragic didn't hit me on a more personal note..same goes with those people Rich..

In my older age I seem to have a growing distrust for people in general ...I'm not paranoid ...just that I don't have much need or use for people ...but they always seen to have a need for me ...to the point that I just don't want to be bothered anymore..

I'm not talking about you guys of course I come here on my own free will...just the very ones in my personal life that I musr interact with ...when just out and about ...a lot of cops get like that..we hit a wall , "burned out" I guess...and sometimes that burn is a permanent one that just festers with time..

This is the deal with me..

I was a very happy go lucky kid that believed in God , raised by a very close and loving Italian Roman Catholic family ...I looked into law enforcement for a decent means for a "career" to live a good happy life with a wife and family of my own...I was never "book smart" ..but I was always known to be confident and "tough"...probably because my father was one of the baddest men I have ever known...even until this very day....he is absolutely fearless with anyone....and I will always admire him.

I guess like many I was a bit naive and disillusioned of how the real world is ...the world that my family shelted me and protected me from ..

Then I was thrown into the dirtiest , filthiest , nastiest , ugliest world you could ever imagine...for year and years.

all the things that I was always shetered from was now up close and personal and wanted to harm me almost on a daily basis ...big time culture shock!!

Now it's over ...I'm disconnected from that world as a cop but now I must co-exist with that same world as just John Q citizen ...but how ...how can I possibly do that ...knowing what I already know...It's impossible ..but I try ...I really try..

I take lots of drugs now...to numb it ...to numb the world....to numb myself to be more "tolerabale".

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I take lots of drugs now...to numb it ...to numb the world....to numb myself to be more "tolerabale".

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you're still hard to tolerate... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Better get more drugs...

Comment

personally, i'm not grieving as if it were a family member, however Dime being a big influence into my initial playing, well, what can i say... i have an ulcer and i was takin' straight shots of Jack for the man before tackin' off the rest of the bottle. Painful as all hell, but if the man could see it from up above, i'm good.

i had just started playing again after their concert on Halloween night 'round here. Shadows Fall, Damageplan, The Haunted. Awesome show. Too bad fella's. Too bad.

RIP Dime, Rock On Brothers!

Comment

Yo Cryo what up dude ...haven't talked to ya too much lately...thing are good I hope..

Dime's funeral should be a major event ...I would assume..

I'm going to Cradle of Filth with John tomorrow night at the House Of Blues ..if he wants to go..and if I want to go.

John ..we should go ...let's get out and breathe a little...I'm really NOT in the mood for "clubs" at the moment considering what happend and all...but life goes on..

I'm going to hang with my family tonight like every Friday...Pizza and the movie "Dodgeball" I just rented...hope it's funny.

Well I'm going to chill for a couple of days with the family and ..tomorrow with a few freinds...maybe.

I'll get back to that metal list..probably Sunday night..

Have a great weekend everybody ...I think I'd rather stay home and watch the Mustaine's tribute to Dime on Headbangers tomorrow night...

What happend yesterday ...just plain sucks in the suckiest way possible...I truly feel a loss. Dime was just so fukkin' cool and one hell of a true metal warrior...

But I'm glad that nipple headed Jerry's Kid Nathan Gale is DEAD ...that is the only thing that could possibly coax a half a smile out of me..

I got some great new metal on right now ...I'll get to that ...probably Sunday..

with that list I'm goig to make a lot of people require a second job just to afford all the awesome metal...but you can blow money on worse thing I guess...right??!

Ahhhhh Fukk a duck..

Later guys..

Comment

down in NOLA, shit's been pretty decent. i'll get into it more later. back home i gotta' clean some shit up. 'ey Bill, PM me if ya' ever wanna' shoot the shit. same for anyone. i don't post much since it's not really my thing too much but i'm around readin'.

by the way, my name's Mike. feel free to lay it on as Alessio though considerin' well, my middle name. [Mikey, Aly, whatever...]

Comment

ey alright Mike...sounds good bro..

I'm layin' low this weekend..doing a little shopping and whatnot..

I won't be here until Sunday night...

talk to ya soon guys and Em. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X