Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bill\'s Place

I'm brave but that's a stupid "poll"

Besides it's been done already here, Bill! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Maybe if you looked around on some of the other forums?? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Now go to bed, Billy boy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My butt itches
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Aw fuck the other polls man....those polls are gay...

this is here and that is there...big difference..

over here real men come to state their claims...that know a thing ot two about a thing or two.

the other polls are for the dumb and clueless..

I will go first GODAMMIT!!!!!!!

I would have to pick Ed. He started it all for me.. and unlike Randy it wasn't just his playing that was amazing...his tone was what I have been after for decades...and when I finally got his tone...I didn't want it anymore..

well it still dialed in to his old "tone"...but with gobs more gain now...thanks to all these tube machines they make now...but he got the ball rolling on that as well.

I remember reading Randy even saying that when he takes a solo...he pretends he's Ed...he said that long ago...that I remember!!!

BUT If Randy didn't die...he would eventually left poor booze riddled Ed in the dust..I truly believe.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So who's next....same topic

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Let me know when the poll comes up on whether or not to shave the gerbil before inserting it.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I pick Ed because he was so innovative and SO imitated. Randy was one of the imitators in a way; the first riff in the Crazy Train solo is a very direct ripoff from Eruption as is half the solo. He certainly had a great talent of his own but did not cause the earthquake that Ed did. AS for would he have surpassed Ed...
            maybe. He could have become dissipated just as Ed did, regardless of what his ambitions were when he died in 1982.

Finally, Van Halen audiences were always FULL of chicks. Ozzy audiences were and are a majority of guys, teenagers back then and the same guys as middle-aged men now. And that piggyback riding thing... slightly gay don't you think?
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              And that piggyback riding thing... slightly gay don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't Ozzy do that with Zakk? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Was it any gayer when Bruce Dickinson lifted Dave Murray up like that? What's it like to have another man's sweaty spandexed thighs wrapped around your neck? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I dunno, Gary, what DOES it feel like? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Didn't Angus from AC/DC do that all the time also?

Comment

Yeah, and isn't a 50-year old man in shcoolboy
                  shorts riding on his singer's shoulders ALSO a little gay?
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

very accurate views IMO..my friend!!!

I really think he would have really blossomed even more as a player

but It wouldn't have been with Ozzy...he was growing more discontent in playing that music...so I've read many times now.

I had a Randy Rhoads solo album long ago...it was a old import of some demos and songs he done on his iwn...I remeber some funky stuff...nothing like Ozzy...Randy did nothing amazing with Quiet Riot...not on record ...I remember that stuff being quite sedate and pretty lame.

OK...well that is enough with this poll ...unless someone wants to add their words..

-------------------------------------------------------

This is a question concerning guilty pleasures...

What band or song do you always liked that you would be very reluctant to admit to most of us here... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah all those silly piggy back rides...didn't Brian Johnson...do that with Angus as well......what up wit dat!!!

Gary would do that with Ron ...if they were in a Band... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ahhhhh man , that would be some Spinal Tap kinda shit!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, Bill, the scene I have in mind: Me & Gary are the successful rock stars in the back of the limo; you play the schlubby limo driver who spouts off BS; then we roll up the privacy glass while chewing our gum! Ahahahahaha! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

A band I like that's embarrassing to admit is Enuff Z'Nuff. I like their sappy Cheap Trick
                          meets the Beatles songs and Derek Frigo played
                          some cool guitar stuff. Put the Foo Fighters on the list too, not much soloing but some good songs.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I had the first two ENuffs whne they came out too Rich... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah Ron...you haven't love and lost like Frank.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OK I will reveal mine...Missing Persons.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and when that damn band A Ha put out that song...Take on Me back around 85...me and my friend Tony (Mr. VH) ...did a Van Haleny Version of that...He played the the main keyboard part on guitar with these cool big chordes..and I would be slapp'n around the bass..which was a fun part to play.

in hind sight that must have been pretty gay....but it was fun.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Missing Persons was awesome, that singer hardly wore anything. I saw an interview with her not too long ago and she said she thinks she looks better naked than with clothes on and she prefers to be naked as much as possible. My kinda woman!!!
                              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

1- the two most innovative and influential rock guitarists of all time are jimi hendrix, and eddie van halen . pure and simple.

2- yes bill there is a way to watch golf. you have to be with at least one other person, sh1tfaced, and gambling on the putts when they reach the green. you must gamble with real green $$$ to make it watchable.

3- the ASTRO-GLIDE is to make the "experience" easier on your wife and to open the door for future fun where she won't be uncomfortable or where you have to close the deal on her to do it.
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X