No announcement yet.

Bill's New Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill, I hate to see you in that situation; it's unfair to you and really, to all 3 of you, because Val and Vinny are taking the easy way out.

The thing is, you know better than any of us HOW unfair life can be, to the people whose tragedy you witnessed that changed your whole outlook. To you yourself, who suffer pain daily because of a drunken asshole. So you know, not everyone has the strength to go ahead and do what's unpopular, but necessary. Of the people in your own family (the 3 of you) only you have that strength. Your dad had it in his generation, and even though he didn't like it, he did it because he knew somebody had to. That is what you have to pass on to Vinny.

My dad doted on me and spoiled the shit out of me compared to my brother and sisters. I got cocky and smarted off to my mom - once. He backhanded me across the room and then explained why I WOULD respect my mother and do as she said. Not that I'm advocating that at all, but Dad had to impose it, Mom wouldn't or couldn't on her own. But my dad put the fear into my ass on that issue and I learned. So I guess I'm saying that Val is grown and she is who she is, and you love her for that. Vinny is young and can be molded more so than a woman in her 30s can be.

My dad taught me to obey my mom by virtue that if he even heard about it it would be bad news for me. I think that's your best approach, even if you have to be the heavy. He'll thank you for it down the line, and most important, he'll be ready to tangle with his own son, who will also be a Zurlo with his own POV and the certainty that HE is right too!

Your reward will be as Grandpa Zurlo, watching Vinny's boy put him through the very same shit! And you can undermine Vinny's authority when you want to jerk his chain, by taking the grandson off and spoiling him. Then deliver him back toi his daddy all expeecting Stuff! "But Grandpa Bill says I should have an Uber by now Daddy!"

My mom always said, "Just wait 'til YOU have kids!", so I escaped the only possible way - having no kids! But the downside to that is way worse than the upside. You're a lucky man Bill. You've got it under control and your family is fine, way better adjusted than a lot of others.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Thanks Emmy..I read what you posted a few times..Yes I always talk to them as a unit. Yes, they seem to understand..Val seems to acknowledge.

I just talked to Vall again this morning, when Vinny went to school..just now. I told her that well..I know she doesn't want to be "mean" and Val is Val..there is no denying that..is she Val because I enabled her..probably so....did I help create this problem..ummm prolly.

I just want to start with baby steps..such as there is NO reason why either of us has to pick up his underwear and socks and dirty clothes off the upstairs bathroom floor..she always does..and throws them downstairs ..so I have to walk by them until I get tired of looking at them...so then I pick them up and throw them down the shoot..

Hell fucking NO...I done with that..and so is she!

I won't sit back and watch shit like this anymore..and I'm not going to freak about it either..I'm just going to point..until he picks it up..without saying a word..

The key word here in consistancy...but Val and I must be on the same page here to be consistant..right??

Yes, I know of other safer things we can do together and I told him about that due to his arm..I told him we can go out and hang, get ice cream, play putt putt, go in the Cobra..go to the movies..all that shit..

I'll buy both season Passes to Cedar point next year when he is cleared by the doctor..

I'm just trying to get val to cooperate with me..you know work with me a little bit..

My mom never picked up the ball..and still till this day..I was the perfect son..which in fact I knew the torture I put her thru..it's complete denial..she does that..that is how she "copes"..threw denial..

Oh well..My dad told me feeling guilty is pointless because in my mom's world..all those things I did..never happened..I was on the phone with her talking about it...saying I'm sorry..she was like .."sorry for what..you're crazy..that never happened"

Then my dad got back on the phone and asked.."Now Bill, did you expect anything different"..I said.."no"..

He said..well there ya go..for 43 years your mother butters my toast..everyone including you and all my friends know I can't stand butter..and for 43 years I yelled and screamed at her for buttering my toast..but she WILL butter it every fucking time..even while she's making the toast I tell her..Nope..she didn't hear it..she never does..

Bill, This is your deal..it was mine..and now it is yours..have fun..see ya..click!
      Last edited by horns666; 05-08-2006, 03:50 PM.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Rich, you get it..you nail it everytime..

Thanks man, you know what..I shared this with you..I like your post alot..Now I want to share this with Val when she's out of the shower..because it is exactly what I always say..but now it's not coming from me..

I know my "role..Rich..I resented my dad when I was young I swore I hated him..man did I really hate him..but now..he's my closest friend..I confide in him on everything..even more than you guys..

Yes, My dad alwas said one word to me.."waite"..he said that alot..
        "what goes around comes around".."waite"...WAITE!!!"

Now, I don't have to waite anymore..now Vinny does..and I hope I'm around long enough for when he calls me crying the blues about this same exact shit..it will happen..It will!

That's the joy as Grandparents..to watch the fruit of our loins go thru the same shit we did..my dad laughs all the time..now I know why!!

Thanks Rich!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• BCB is open and free, outside of the plane ticket. The BCB CEO awaits any and all who are down, feeling pressured, or just basically in need of a nice rest while going on a bender. Bill, make a conscious decision to be cool everymorning, and you'll be fine. It's done nothing for me-lol, but you will be
          just ducky. Seriously, take a little time for yourself one of these days.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Am I still alive? Kinda been in a fog for a few days. Maybe it's ectoplasm?
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

• OH Fuck N' Suck..what's next a bolt of lightning striking me in the nuts..sure why not!!

I just banged my knee on a door jam..gashed it wide open...I stopped the bleeding...but now there is a knot on my knee the size of a small computer mouse..

PEACHY!

I have a ice pack on it..

Ahhh Fuck me???

Comment

• Since this board changed..I don't get the number of hits this thread gets..

it only registers when you post..

I haven't noticed that on other threads..just this one..

anyone else notice that??

just thinkin'..

Comment

• Same goes for "what are you listening now thread"..but look at the gay 357 rip-off / sucker thread...

see what I mean..

Just thinkin'..

Comment

• Maybe I should zoom over to Cleveland, I feel a house call may be in the works for Dr. Atomic ,who is now officially "IN" again and willing to give advice.
                    I'm great ateverybody elses life except my own. At least I'm honest-lol
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
                      Maybe I should zoom over to Cleveland, I feel a house call may be in the works for Dr. Atomic ,who is now officially "IN" again and willing to give advice.
                      I'm great ateverybody elses life except my own. At least I'm honest-lol
                      Tommy do dat chit...anytime man!!!

we will get FUCKED up!!

Comment

• I think I'm beyond the help of any doctor except for Kevorkian.

Comment

• Jack, don't despair man, maybe you need the emergency BCB trip! I'd say with the stuff you've posted you should be first on the relief list! What's up, man?
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Jack take some ambiens with the Mrs..you guys will be like two daffy ducks in heat...it's a beautiful thing!

I want to tell you guys a story..where should I begin...from birth..I can do that!

Comment

• Is spanking and smacking that badly regarded in the US? I can understand that some parents would not want to do it though, but eh, it works! I'm the living proof. But either way, good luck man. But I know that partly because I WAS punished, I NEVER walked over my parents. I don't know, to me it sounds pretty unconceivable to do that. Maybe I'm just pussy whipped though Anyway good luck man.

Comment

• No Ambiens for me Bill, the Mrs don't even take em no more. I'll stick with my beer and other assorted goodies I can get my hands on, which hasn't been much lately. Things really aren't so bad right now so I shouldn't complain. I actually had an awesome day on Saturday. Woke up and took my 15 yr old step-daughter to breakfast then we went to pick up her new glasses and from there went to the lake and walked our Boston Terrier pup. After that we went grocery shopping together and then we spent the rest of the afternoon working together on putting a patio swing together for my wife. Then we BBQ'ed some burgers and then I went in the house cracked ALOT of cold ones and watched the NASCAR race. Later in my extreme drunkeness I called Tommy and talked to him for a little while, don't remember about what because of my level of intoxication. It was a good day. Sunday I just chilled out all day since it rained the entire day which was fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X