No announcement yet.

Bill's New Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I'm drinking JOKER "mad energy + juice"..it has a Jester Clown on the can holding a skull..so that's gotta be good!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• I'm wired..Energy drinks..

This is going to be a long night..I should weed through my stuff..keep putting that off.

BTW ..Ace is coming thru town. So, I'll be seeing Edguy, Firewind and Into Eternity with the Vin-man this Friday.

I hate the venue, but he's going to hook me up..away from the moshfuckers!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• The 80's.

I see a good portion of this board in love with the 80's ..as they should be. It was a great time for guitar and music. I know this, because I was there. I watched the birth to every single guitar trick and nuance. The Great Ones" cultivated and perfected everything and anything you can do with a guitar. Every Tap, Arpeggio, Squeal, Dive bomb, Guitar and Amp mods. Many held onto that style and did not bend with the anti-guitar trends. Staying loyal to King Edward, Bratta, Lee, Lynch, Randy, Warren D, Greg Howe, Tony Mac, Michael Batio, Satch, Vai, Friedman, Rhodes, Oliva and the mighty Yngwinator and ect ..

People thought shred was "dead"..but didn't realize it was still going on. It wasn't promoted, therefore it wasn't popular, therfore it didn't exist. WRONG!

In the dark age of shred-kill. When Grunge and the Ebonic Plague infested the mainstream. So many reguarded all was lost and actually listened to what was spoonfed to them. It was "cool", and catchy and played constantly until you liked it. I was the most "Uncool" fucker I know. I kept my finger on the pulse of shred and it NEVER left my life. It just went deep underground and hyperboiled into a pissed off frenzy. Like a volcano ready to erupt (pun) at any moment. It was almost 15 years that we did not hear a guitar solo featuring the virtuocity of "The Great Ones".

Some of those Great ones became greater and some threw the towel. It had to be extremely depressing as hell that your "gift" was no longer "cool". That drove many into depression, the bottle, dope, and rehab. Some made it back. I see Ed is focused..I hope he stays that way. He seems certainly back in form, I never thought I'd see the day. What Ed did wasn't cared for or loved anymore. I heard he tried out for Limp Biscuit when Wes Borland left..which was more than rumor. That would be a square peg in a round hole.

BUT..

While Bratta, Nuno, and the likes of Steve Lynch vanished. MANY who refused to bend continued to honed their skills ..learned by "The Great Ones", and ran with it without much notice in the States. It was still huge in Japan..via the endless, expensive import releases I had to buy. Whatever your fancy, it was still breathing, it never "died". I'm NOT talking European anthemic "Power Metal". I'm speaking of music that you swore was THE 80's..such as Takara, Ten, Gotthard, Pretty Maids, Jaded Heart, Talon, Shakra, Millenium, Royal Hunt, Pink Cream 69, Fair Warning, Conquest, Chroming Rose, Dirty Deeds, Seven Wishes, Street Legal..the list is endless. Not only do the bands sound exactly like the 80's but they put so much effort to refine their love for it, with many releases not acknowleged. How many actually know Whitesnake put out a realease when Limp Dipshit ruled America..???

Not many, I know this because nobody ever mentions these bands. Most just share memories of "The Great Ones", and I join those memories. I never understood that "shred" and 80's influenced music was "dead", when I was buying it in hordes. I always had to defend true metal with those who bought into the mainstream. They became content with dummied down, bar chord chuggin', TREND ..without a solo to be heard. While I was listening to all the new releases that were pouring in at approx 30 bucks a pop. To debate, one must know both sides. I was debating to those that only knew one side of the coin. I knew all about Korn, Lincoln Park, Slipknot, Rage against the machine, Limp Biscuit, Creed, Staind, Godsmack, Disturbed and ect..but they do NOT know the bands which existed in my world. It wasn't promoted or easily availuable. Therfore they accepted to eat what was fed to them..with a steady diet of "Nu" metal. This was like explaining the color blue to Ray Charles. Now they have a better picture what I was talking about. Metal is back in the mainstream, it's promoted, and availuable at Walmart and Best Buy. I'd NEVER believe 5 years ago I could buy "metal" T-shirt at the fuggin' Mall..even "Satanic" bands. Now I feel jipped. What is my lifestyle is now easily availuble at Hot Topic for the kiddies..."Get your pentagrams here..red hot pentagrams..get 'em while they're hot!!!"

What I used to find in the dollar bins for years now cost 15 buck and more..

I'd go to "metal" shows and there would be a dozen people there. I'd hang with the likes of Jeff Loomis, Mike Amott, and Chris Broderick at the bar "bored", so I made them laugh. Now metal bands from all over the world are coming thru town every single week. I'm meeting Ace at Edguy/Firewind/Into Eternity..then Arch Enemy the week after.

See what I'm saying..

Bill Z Bub
        Last edited by horns666; 09-18-2007, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• hey Billy-Willy-Balls-are-Smelly, if you want to get a new G&L you should come here, their office is at Huntington, you'd prolly get an endorsement
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            hey Billy-Willy-Balls-are-Smelly, if you want to get a new G&L you should come here, their office is at Huntington, you'd prolly get an endorsement

That would be a perfect reason to go there..I really want a L-2000 with a hipshot D tuner ..again.

Not a 5 string..no..no..no..I don't swing that way. I can do enough damage with 4...

Comment

• Dude Whitesnake were way better as a power blues/rock band I found. The Shred day is a sad time for me as far as the 'Snake is concerned

That may just be me.

Don't mind me I'm French

Comment

• Wassup man..

You'd prolly like Company of Snakes..

I had "Burn" on earlier, discovering old riffs heard..but never listened to..

That ever happend with you guys..a 35 year old song and you pick out sonething for the first time and go.."That was cool"..

Man I got no fuggin' sleep..Just trying to keep the lids open 'till 11:00..I don't think that's going to happen..

Comment

• Hey Bill, Reno911 is on channel 9 now!

I've never seen it before; gonna go watch it!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• I love Reno 911. Can't get it on DVD here though. I'm hoping that with the DVD release of the movie, they'll start putting the series out here. Otherwise, I have to catch when it's on cable.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

• Meh, I didn't think it was that funny. Maybe I should give it another chance, and/or give it more attention (rather than try watching whilst on the computer at the same time).

Comment

• Ron, that show will grow on you I think..I like it.

Ironically, that show is just as realistic as COPS. Yes, we have characters on the job THAT funny and ridiculous...

Comment

• K, I just watched the "Weigel attempts suicide" ep and it was a lot funnier!

Comment

• Reno 911 kicks ass.

Going to meet Ace at Edguy/Firewind/Into Eternity/Suspyre..

Taking the Vinman..should be fun..

Comment

• I rented out the movie last night. Pretty good. Not great, but still good. Although, I might like it more after a couple more viewings.

I still love the Reading Ron episode, when a local children's tv presenter spends the day with the cops on patrol
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

• Hi!
                                Just cruisin' on by to let y'all know I've been thinking of you.
                                Hope everyone is rockin' right along.
                                Hi Broseppi!
                                Been listening to Ministry lately, remember them? wheee! I love the song "Breathe" and the video is awesome with the drum intro.

Be good.
                                Luv,
                                Emmy

Comment

Working...
                                X