Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bill\'s New Home

what kind of doom metal I love doom metal too

you have older doom stuff from the sabbath school with some great riffage and melody..like Candlemass , Trouble , Solitude Aeturnus , Momento Mori , Hexenhouse , Veni Domine ...blah blah

then you got you're stoner fuzzy doom like Count Raven , St Vitus , Cathedral , Sleep , orange goblin...lots of weed and whatnot and whathaveyou..

Then you got this cool doom stuff like My Dying Bride , Paradise Lost , Theatre of tragedy (older stuff ) , November doom , Katatonia , Anathema , Mauldin if the well...yda yada .more of a "artsy" doom ..

so what's your fave ...Traditional doom , Fuzzy doom or "artsy "atmopheric doom" ...

I like 'em all.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Crap I gotta finish this list ...but I'm too busy being a dick on others threads..highjacking people stuff ..talking about asses , my PP ...important stuff!

I'm gettin' bored with this list ...can't wait to start the Nasty list...

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh no. I don't think I wanna know.

But to answer the question... I like traditional doom.
        Candlemass is one of my most favorites, LOVE Candlemass.
        Also love chasing my kids around the house chanting "Doom On You!" in my doomiest voice.

Em

Comment

That almost sound like the Dodo chant from the movie Ice Age Em.

Comment

I like them all, but I'm into the artsy doom the most, I guess the new generation of doom metal.

Comment

Candlemass rules I have everything they ever put out even rarities and whatnots..

I was honored to see their mighty performance up close and personal with my guitar hero friend Jeff Loomis ...we were together watching the show ...givin' each other the horns and high fives , huggin and kissin (kiddin' on the last one)...Jeff (Nevermore) went NUTS for Candlemass... he went absolutely NUTS...almost knocked my ass over!!!

Messia was doing his Doom Dance and took a spill over the candlabras on stage....that was awesome.. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I sound like Chris Farley now ..."that was awesome".. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Em check out texans Solitude Aeturnus ...they kick ass..one of my fave Doom metallers..

We have the bassist from Ohio's doomlords ABDULLAH in my band ...whenever we pratice ...like once a year [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Bill Z

Comment

Yes ...OK check out Novembers Doom , Mauldin of the well , Cold Colors , Anathema especially their ealier stuff , Katatonia , My Dying Bride (my fave) their last one is amazing "Songs of doom , words of light" I believe ..and old Paradise lost .....ahhh there's a bunch more but I'm brain fartin'.. and completely baked.

Not really doom but I love Dan swanos moontower and Nighingale stuff ...moody / doomy moments..

also GODGORY ...they are part doom / part swedish death thrash very very melodic and very very addicting!

Orphaned Land is cool too ...they're from the middle east ...but they are good....kind of doomy

Rotting Christ is great ...they are from greece ...a bit of black metal mix with doom..

Mental Home ..is a doomy black metal band from Russia..

My hall of Famers are Therion and Amorphis and Moonspell...too!

There is another album of doom ....damn I can't remeber the name of the band but I have their "solar lovers" disc ...it's cool

what are you diggin' on...I may have it ...or maybe I need it!!!

Bub Z Bill

Comment

Songs of Darkness, Words of Light is My Dying Bride's newest effort.

Comment

I'm all about Turn Loose the Swans.

Comment

My favorite MDB ..Is Like Gods Of the sun and the new SOD,WOL..
                      I think their weakest one is the 34.788% X 2 + MC2...or whatever the hell it's called ...it had some decent moments ...but they were fukkin' around somethin' silly on that album....

metal was in the crapper in the mainstream ...maybe they were experimenting to hook some popularity or somethin' ...bands should never do that ...but a lot of them do ..

Just got the new Throne of Chaos ...they fukked around and totally morphed into a prog metal band ..soft dream theatre kind of stuff...oh well..
                      [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh post 400!

had to turn the clock over... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Drip / Rattle ...do you guys like Anathema of england I have most of their stiff I think.. I might be missing one..

Ohhhh what about Tiamat ???!!!

Man we will get to all that very soon!!!

Comment

dude they deleted the what is love thread !

Comment

ohhhh really ...the ass eatin got to them huh???

what happened somebody posted a dirty pic or somethin''...I don't think they deleted it just for eatin' ass..

did it get out of hand ...do you see how I effect people ...I'm a bad influence ..not a good role model ...more like a pole model ...das right!!

You have hand models and whathaveyous...I'm a pole Model ...I have my pole insured for one billion dollars ...

it's a pretty nice pole...actually it was the North pole ...when my pp was the axis of the world... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just don't put any pics of poles and whatnots on this thread ..I didn't want the admins to pull the plug on this...or pull anything anything else for that matter...like a groin muscle.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The stuff I say here is all tongue in cheek ...sometimes pole in cheek ...I like that better ..

I have sick humor that would offend your average Joe..but my JCF brothers that come to visit here are not your average Joes ...they are cool as hell and can take a joke ...A ass joke ..a PP joke ...a PP in the ass joke..

It's just a joke ...but no pics and or threats ..and everything stays cool as molasses*..or something like that

*Molasses...The asses of moles.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

no they didnt

Comment

Working...
                                X