Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bill\'s New Home

OK ...I'll get to humpin' on the list

Yes Bebe's kids that's the one ...."SMALL WORLD"!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Metal Metal Metal....that's all you guys want ...

yeah...me too.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If you didn't spend so much time thinking about Velma and her bukkake shields, perhaps you'd get going on that metal list. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

OK Travis I jotted down some of my list ..I'll post it in da mornin'..

Until Then ...You like good powermetal travis ...then check out the Last Easy Rider "regeneration" disc on Locomotive records...they are from Spain but the have a new american singer..very good stuff.

also the new Iron Savior "Battering Ram" on noise
        Edguy's "hellfire club" ..on AFM
        Astral Doors ..on Locomotive

you can't go wrong with these. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

What was that online store that was listed in this thread a while ago? The intraweb is the only way I can find stuff like this. Hook me up with an address and I'll order these up tonight.

Comment

Dude I get most of my stuff thru Century Media or ..The End records..two of my favorite places for metal.

Comment

Sabbat...essential classic dark metal ...big time producer andy sneap on guitar
              Sacred Reich ...don't know why these guys wern't bigger..
              Sacred Steel ..Power/battle metal with a singer you'll either loathe or like.
              Samson ..the old band of Bruce Bruce (Bruce Dickinson)
              Santuary ..you don't own these why in the hell not ...Warrel and Jim's band before Nevermore
              Sanvoisen ...very cool power prog band ...I like these guys not much DT wanking , more straight forward.
              Savatage ...died when Criss died ...Handfull of rain had some moments ..all downhill from there.
              Saxon ...classic metal anthems and some very good new power metal material as well.
              Scanner ...cool german thrash / power metal ...now they have a chick singin' and it's pretty crappy.
              Scorpions ...never heard of them ...Uli was in this band ...so I love them...get everything up to Savage Amusement..downhill and tired from there ..they just put out a new one ...it'll make the cut out bins soon enough.
              Scream , The ...classic 80's metal / rock with Bruce of Racer X and John Corabi..good stuff ..a bit dated but good.
              Sculpture ..this is a catchy album ..ex darkseed vox ..sounds a bit like later era sentenced and Metallica black era..not bad...takes a few listens
              Seasons of the wolf ..This is a different listen ..the singer has a high range that sound a bit like Kind Diamond at times .. musicianship is allright but the music is better than the sum of their parts...it's OK
              Secret Sphere ..great european power prog if you're into that sorta thing.
              Sentenced ...one of my faves ..Frozen and Down are must haves (clean vox) ...I also like their first couple when they sounded a lot heavier (death vox).
              Seventh Avenue ...elaborate power prog on massacre..
              Seventh Force ..I had this forever ..not bad but it's showing it's age ..which means cheezy in a metal kinda way
              Seventh Omen ..pretty decent thrash band produced by Mustaine ..somewhat megadethish in ways.
              Seventh One ..elaborate straight forward powermetal on massacre ..not bad.
              Seven Wishes ..good band along the lines of classic dokken ..good guitarist and vox.
              Seven Witches...Jack Frost's baby ..line up changes which each release ..the latter stuff with James Rivera is better.
              Shadow Gallery ..a MUST have for any progmetaller into Symphony x and the like ...the guitarsts smoke.
              Shadowkeep ...very good band sounds a bit like classic queensryche..on limb
              Shakra ..very polished hard rock / metal with a guitarist with a great tone and feel ..pretty enjoyable for those who like straight ahead metal that's not extreme.
              Shaman ...a must have for any one into Angra / Helloween and Gamma Ray ...great powermetal.
              Shining Fury ...a decent newer powermetal release on metal blade ..one of the very few powermetal bands on this label lately
              Shock Machine ..bassist of helloween ...not great ..but not bad straight forward metal
              Shotgun Messiah ...Harry Cody anyone ..this guy was making a big name for himself until grunge did metal in..classic stuff...a bit dated but fun.
              Silencer ...great US thrash band ..they put out one long ep and that was it.
              Silent force ..very essential for powermetal fans ..into Iron Savior / Preist and the like
              Silver Blade ...decent power metal from brazil ..not bad.
              Silver Mountain...this is yngwie's first band when he was in sweden ..home band of the Johanssons ..very Rainbow influenced ..the first two were costly inports that has just been re-issued ..yngwie iy not on any album..good guitarist though.

********OK there is where I left off on the S's...

Silver Seraph - Regain records..this is a must have with any neo classical shred / Proggy fan!!!
              Sinergy - Awesome female female fronted shred powermetal ..COB's Laiho's "other" band"..
              Sinner - Nuclear Blast ...Matt Sinner bassist of Primal Fear main band ...he's been hackin' at this for a while and the music shows...anyone into great straight foward powermetal ala Primal Fear...must have this stuff.
              Skitzotic - Long Island records ...this came out in '94 and was pretty decent at the time ...straight foward metal.
              Skullview - RIP records ...these guys have three releases out ...very cool aggressive powermetal with a slice of cheese.
              Skyclad - Nuclear Blast ..Ex sabbat frontman's folk metal band ..very folkish but aggressive enough to be metal.
              Skylark - Underground Symphony..Italian Ornate Powermetal along the lines of fellow dagos Rhapsody...shredder Eddie Antonini also has a couple solo disc out as well.
              Solitude - Red light records..."from withn" ...this came out ten years ago ...not bad straight forward metal band.
              Solitude Aeturnus - Pavement...these Doom gods are one of my favorite Doom metal bands ..ala early Candlemass / Momento Mori...
              Sonata Artica - Century Media ..swedish powermetal band that rocks..
              Southpaw - Z records..Mats Levins fronts this cool hard rock ala later day Van Halen project.
              Space Oddessy - "Embrace the galaxy" on Regain .. A must have for neo classical shred / prog metal fans ...awesome!
              Spastik Ink - Crazy instrumental project of Watchtower's Ron Jarzobek...Insane stuff!
              Sabbtail - Night Church...Mats levens ...great singer fronting this dark metal project.
              Speeed - Masscare records...One of the many project of guitarist Jack Frost....not bad.
              Spiral Tower ..Massacre ..great dark progressive metal band...I like this stuff.
              Spiral Architect - a sceptic's universe..very cool technical prog metal band with a singer that sounds like a Buddy Lacky (pshchotic Waltz) clone.
              Spirit Web - Stentorian records...very cool chicago based dark prog metal with ex Syris and winterkill members..
              Spiritual Beggars - Koch ...the best stoner rock band on the planet (IMO) that features the talents of Mike Amott of Arch Enemy.
              Squealer - AFM / Metal blade ..pretty cool dark powermetal; band for fans of Grave Digger / Helloween and the like.
              Star One - Space metal ...Inside out..this is Aryeon's Arjen Anthony Lacassens epic ..multi celeb ..very elaborate project...very epic ...pretty cool.
              Steeler - Shrapnel ..this is the band that introduced us to Yngwie J Whatnot 21 years ago ...frontman Ron Keel on this ...coutesy of shred enthusiast Mike Varney..
              Steeler - SPV ..two classic shred metal albulm with Axel Rudi Pell "Undercover animal" and "strike back" are true classics.
              Steel Attack - AFM records..This is straight forward power metal ...dragons , swords and whatnots...
              Steel Lord - Megahard ..Brazilian power metal along the lines of Grave Digger ...it's OK
              Steel Prophet - One of my favorite classic power metal bands ...now with a different singer after all these years ...Mythiasin now joined New Eden for the time being.
              Stormhammer - Century Media ...avergae power metal ..swords and plenty of dragons screaming in the niiiiiiight!
              Soul Motor - - Metal Blade ..Atomick Tommy McCleddon's of UFO fame's band ...decent hard rock...not bad.
              Savage - classic NWOBHM band that reminds me of very early def lepard...
              Spirit Caravan - another stover rock bamd with wino of St Vitus..a bit to "fuzzy" for my liking
              Stormwind - AWESOME shred band of swedish axeman Thomad Wolf ...great essential stuff neo classicla metal..
              Stormwitch - One of my favorite classic german metal bands of all time...not for everyone but I love 'em.
              Shock Paris - Cleveland's Shock paris ..classic straight forward metal band that will be eventually re-issued on Auburn records..with bonus material..
              Storyteller's Rain - metal musical project with a bunch of dude from Helloween , Edguy , Rage and more..

To be continued....

Comment

Hey my metal homies ...Lady Em was nice enough to hunt down my old demo post...

So I resurrected it for anyone who didn't hear it yet ...

Check out the "Bed Of Nails" demo tunes thread and tell me whatcha think..it's just a basement tape ...so be gentle...

leave your feedback there ...I feel like a humungous throbbing tool keeping it afloat myself.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

More metal bands posted later ...can't wait to start my "heavier" list of goodies.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I heard them when they were first posted, not sure if I posted my thoughts or not, but they are best summed up with this:

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Skyclad - Nuclear Blast ..Ex sabbat frontman's folk metal band ..very folkish but aggressive enough to be metal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard about them but could never find any of their MP3s other than "The One Piece Puzzle", which coincidentally, Suidakra made a great cover version of, given that Suidakra has folkish elements to their sound.

Comment

Skyclad has a major "cult" foloowing ...not may people dig their stuff..

I have to be in the mood for their style at times..but their whole catalog is on Nuclear Blast which is availuable at Century Media..

I have one Suidakra disc and It doesn't have that cover on it..but I really do like suidakra ...but it's really hard to get "everything"...and expensive.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW ..Thanks Rattle..

Comment

Bill, I just noticed you have Sonata Arctica listed as a Swedish powermetal band. I believe they from Finland. Some metal know it all you are. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

By the way, I just ordered some cds on your list.

Iron Savior - Battering Ram
                          Nocturnal Rites - New World Messiah
                          Brainstorm - Ambiguity
                          Crystal Eyes - World Of Black And Silver
                          Gamma Ray - No World Order

I hope you don't disappoint me. I wouldn't want to have to come to Cleveland and bust a cap.

Comment

I wear my bullet proof vest 24-7...just don't shoot me in the face..

Dude those are all awesome Powermetal bands...and when you get those and love them ...

Come back and I'll give you another five must haves!!!!!

I will NOT disappoint you ...when I recommend a band they are amoung the best in that genre..I know you love your powermetal ....so do I..

I had to go on Ebay to find Easy Rider because nobody carries it.....Easy Riders "regeneration" is very enjoyable and they are not very well known here ...they should be.

Comment

Bill,

You going to see Anthrax w/ Dio and Ministry in Oct? They're coming to The Odeon. You need to go and do a review!

Wish they were coming my way. Boo-hoo. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Yeah I just saw that show posted in our local paper...I'll try to go but I've been missin' too many shows lately..

Comment

Working...
                                X