Bill's New Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bill\'s New Home

Well the one thing cool about my CT is that when I'm jerkin' my gerkin' ...it feels like someone else doing it ...since my hand is numb..

well i guess it's better than my tool being numb.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Just a sprain ...hmmm , well if the numbness decreases over a period then I guess that would be a good prognosis..

but if your hand is still numb after a couple of months ...then I think CT may be an issue..

I had that nerve conductive test a couple times ...not good times.

It's really amazing how I get by with no feeling in my fretting hand ...but I can still shred ...I don't know how ...maybe because I won't take "no" for a answer about playing the guitar..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I want more metal. And I won't take "no" for an answer. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well my wrist actually seems to be getting better so maybe I sprained it, but I have had wrist pain before off and on but not as bad. I think I probably have carpal tunnel coming and should perhaps not be a dumbass about it.

Man, I bought Enslaved - Vikingligr Vieldi today and it is one awesome CD, I bought it based on the sole fact that Trym was the drummer and it looked like Black Metal. I was right, and the CD is awesome.

Comment

OK then how about this

Tad Marose - Century Media...damn these dudes are essential as far as I'm concerned ...every release is good to great...if you dig Lefay , Candlemass , Noctunal Rites ...this is a no brainer.
          Tafolla, Joey - X-Jag Panzer guitarist and Shrapnel guitar soloist alumni..one of the greats!
          Tai Pan - shark records ...this is outta print and cool as hell.
          Takara - Saraya ..long standing band with several Rainbowish styled hard rock / metal albums...good stuff ...good guitarist...but not too heavy.
          Talas - the band that broke bassist Billy Sheehan's popularity before DLR.
          Talamaska - Decent dark progressive powermetal along the lines of King Diamond and Helstar ...but not as polished.
          Tarantula - AFM records ..these dudes are pretty good ...polished powermetal that is light on the cheeze and good at sonwriting...a great powermetal band.
          Tarot - Regain records , Hell Yeah ..this is Marco's ..bassist of Nightwish's band ..he has some major lungs that sound like a cross between dio and well someone a bit harsher ...good stuff ...highly recommended...This get's a lot of play at home.
          The Tea Party - OK not really metal ...more like Jim Morrison fronting Zep ...but I like it ...hard to discribe but ...Great writing , vibe and grooves and he has a good tone .
          Ten - Saraya ..this band has been around for a long time and has put out many albums ..I can't call this metal ...it's AOR style hard rock really but they do have "metal" moments ..very polished band ...but very easy listening and syrupy
          Tension - metalgrind records , long outta print US based Maiden influenced / thrash band ...very dated and there is much better out there , but I have it so I'm including it.
          Tesla - I like the first two albums and then they continued to get more commercial...good players though.
          Testament - ...one of my very faves of all time ...these guys should be bigger than Metallica and Megadeth because they wrote much superior music , well Megadeth was awesome too...but better doesn't always mean popular.
          Thin Lizzy - 'Nuff Said ...I loved the Sykes era ...but who didn't.
          Thoten - Scarlet ...polished metal band with Jim Mythiasin (Steel Prophet) fronting this thing ..for those who love metal such as Angra and the like would like this.
          Threshold - Inside Out records ...very good prog metal band ...I prefer their early works (more aggressive)...but their new stuff would hold their own against Vanden Plas , Pagans Mind , Dream Theatre , Pain of Salvation and etc..
          Throne of Chaos - Inside Out ...man these dudes were total swedish death thrash and they morphed into a full blown prog metal band (now called TOC) that would appeal to any fan of great prog metal ..a bit "moody" ..along the lines of Evergrey at times..
          Thunderhead - CMC international ...hmmmm these guys are OK .."killing with style" is pretty cool ...I heard some of their others and thought it was weak...kinda like Jackyl but heavier and not as gay.
          Thunderstone - Nuclear Blast...these dudes put out two powermetal gems ...very good ...if you dig , Helloween , Gamma Ray , Edguy , Dream Evil and the like ...you can't go wrong with this band!!

T's will be continued..

Later ...I need to wack my bag now.
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Rattle ...I need you and Drip and Ron and anyone to hang around pretty soon because when this power / prog list is over ..I'm doing the evil list ...I may need some assistance with this because the sea of Death/Black metal seems to be endless....but let's just concentrate on the greats ...well should include the bad ones too ....so we don't waste cash buying crap.

You know ..I think I don't have an Enslaved album ...so I can learn too from this. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Baby that hand for now dude..

Comment

Yeah, it sucks I can't slin the axe with my normal agressiveness it starts to get sore after about 15 minutes. I've been takin' her easy. I figure when I can play 100% again I'll have the drive to write atleast a couple songs.

And I haven't heard Enslaved before today I saw the album looked on the back and there was Trym, it also said Hellhammer helped with some drum arrangements and it was dedicated to Oystein Aarseth (Euronymous) so I figured it had to be good, and it is. Every song is with 5 seconds of 11 minutes or over except for one which is 7.

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for Enslaved...one will surface eventually.

Yeah my shred hasn't really suffered too much ...I can go for awhile without my hand freakin...but my back is usually killin' me.

Sometimes I may get a "cramp" in my thumb area of my palm and it just locks up ...man I hate that!

Comment

ENSLAVED and MARDUK are MUST OWNS!

Comment

There's Drip. So Bill when's the cool list coming?

Comment

Marduk? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OK....
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm at the T's now with the old list ...I'll scramble to get this one over with ...I'm getting a little bored with the power metal list ....I need a change of scenery

Very soon.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Just picked up a 2 0n 1 Marduk disc (older material) ...didn't listen to it yet...I have alot of their newer stuff..

I still didn't get the last Amon Amarth yet..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Marduk? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OK....

[/ QUOTE ]

damn straight. MARDUK! they're awesome.

Comment

i just picked up something very good with a member(s) of marduk ....but i can't remember what it was.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

if you're wondering why i'm typing with no caps...it's because i'm holding the pico.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You dog you.

Comment

Bill. A few guys from MArduk make up the band...DIMENSION ZERO.

you might've heard of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X