Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bill\'s Place

Wintersun is way better than the bible.

it's like...Epic CoB. CoB with a dash of Dimmu Borgir and Amorphis.

Comment

Well, everybody else you love is less than perfect, Bill, and I bet some are masochistic
      as well. You're my friend and I love you, but I think it was a bit cruel in Em's bereavement thread, by stating you know your grandma's not in a better place, you told her that hers is not either, in your belief. That's what it is BTW, a belief. You don't KNOW anymore than I do, and we have conflicting beliefs in the matter.

Why not be quiet and let her have that bit of comfort, right now? Would it hae hurt you, in expressing condolences, to NOT twist the knife that little bit?

Maybe you feel you have to tell the truth as you see it. My sister has that problem from the Catholic side. Years ago my cat Budger died ater nearly 16 years of life. I was 18 when I got him, 34 when he died, and I was really broken up about it. I called my sis, crying, and in conversation asked her to pray for him. She LAUGHED, and said "Silly! Animals don't have souls!" Well, I knew that,
      I went to Catechism just like she did, but for her to say that, right then, was **** cruel.

She still doesn't get that; she feels she told the truth, and that that is never wrong. It never occurred to her that she could toss out a small lie (a venial sin, misdemeanor to you
      seculars) and her priest would probably not even given her a Hail Mary in penance.

I guess that's my only point. It wouldn't have killed you to not press your agenda for one post, in a thread where the girl's grieving for her beloved grandma. Other than saying that I don't want to fight with you, but I feel real bad for her right now and I thought that was uncool. I didn't want to pollute that thread with an argument so I thought I'd say it over here.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well , I think Em knows how I am and knows I meant absolutely no harm..I was actually tearing up as I posted that post ..thinking of my own grandma...the only place she is ..is in my heart ...to stay until my heart beats no more..

I think Em shares some of my philosphies but I believe she follows the only religion besides my own that makes sense...and that is Paganism...which is a religion based on earth / nature and energy...reall things you can touch , taste and feel ..

They say that ENERY never dies it just changes..this is probably very true..if there is anything that resembles an "afterlife" ...I would say that that is probably it.

It's all based on electricity...which is very real..molecules are made of postive and negative...it's all electricity ...all living things..and that I could believe in..

But a "better place" such a "Heaven" ...sitting on clouds playing a harp for all eternity...is what I meant exactly...and knowing Em...she's not buying that either...

but the energy thing that I explained does NOT apply ...not to heaven..not in Christian Theory..

I said that all knowing that Em (my very good friend) is NOT a Christian and would not take any offense in what I said ...only those who follow the Christian belief system..

Like I said on her thread ..I am truly sorry for her loss...I know exactly how that loss feels and it makes me cry ...sincerely cry..

and I said I know "my" gramdma is not in a better place ...I saw her go away...she didn't go anywhere....she's just gone...as far as my granda tranforming into a different form of energy ...yes , maybe ...that I don't know...but I know she's not on a pillowy cloud drinking a hot cup of Joe rubbing elbows with God.

and by me saying this ...the only one that I have dissappointed is my Grandma ...because she TRULY believed in a Heaven and lived her life accordingly.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, I'll meet ya at Staytox tonight. Do you remember the 3 steps? Only three because you're always baked and could never get to twelve. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

STAYTOX FUKKIN" RIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Like I said, Bill, you BELIEVE she's not, but you don't KNOW, anymore than I KNOW that she IS on a pillowy cloud. I hope and BELIEVE based on what you say of her that she is, but neither of us will know until after death, and maybe not then if you're right. We'll just have to wait and see.

Of course I'm in a place now where if I didn't believe in Heaven and Hell, I'd put a bullet in my brain right now, instead of dying by degrees as I'm doing. My doctor's referring me to a nephrologist, so it looks like my kidneys are taking a sh!t along with everything else. If I thought death was oblivion and no consequences in the afterlife
              I'd welcome that idea and check out, but I can't do it. I guess I'm in for a lot of needless suffering as you'd see it, but I see eternity as a lot longer than the suffering I'll go through, slowly and painfully dying yet not even considered disabled by the corrupt system that tries to withhold SSI and Medicaid actually hoping you'll die so they don't have to pay.

But at least I'm not bitter, eh? Ha fukkin' ha!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well... okay.
                Lemme set the record straight for all who venture in here.
                I was once a Christian. Doesn't matter which Christian religion, they are all the same to me. My religious education is considerable, it is what eventually set me free in my thinking oddly enough.

Yes, I am a Pagan and come from a long long long line Pagans, Witches and Gypsies. I guard my beliefs rather closely, most do not understand them.
                Bill and I share an understanding and he cannot say anything that will offend me.

Maybe Bill feels his dear Grandmother is not in a better place, perhaps so. I do not know. But I do know that neither the character of his Grandmother nor mine are in question. Both are Great Women in their own right.
                I didn't believe he was referring to my Grandmother not being in a better place, she is only somewhere else. I think he meant it relatively.

I do not see life (as a whole) in stages, I see it as simply "being" and every aspect of it as being important.
                There is no next life... death is only a door and beyond that a continuation of what you already are. You don't come in from the outside being any different, why should death then be unique?
                That is what I believe. So in a sense Grandma isn't in a better place, she is only somewhere else. Whether or not it is better is unimportant because every aspect of our being is important. Grandma is continuing to be the dynamic woman she is.

Grandma is not here in the sense that I can touch her and talk to her and see her face. It makes me angry that anyone ever has to leave us, but I know that this must be. It is the design of the cosmos.
                Thinking of her I have to believe that she is free (and thus better off than she was) because she is no longer trapped inside a body that became a prison for her. This is unique to her life, all 89 years and 8months of it. I wouldn't necessarily feel this way if someone dear to me was taken before their time.
                Her energy remains, and it will always remain in the hearts of those that love her.
                Every person who lives, has lived and will ever live is a part of this earth and everything around this earth, and this energy will always fuel life.

That's as deep as I will go.
                I appreciate both of you, Bill and Rich. I appreciate you both thinking of my family and I as we adjust and come to terms with Grandma's passing. I am touched by the compassion both of you have extended.
                We are a strong Italian family, we may be sad but we are also celebrating!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Ciao,
                Em

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

But a "better place" such a "Heaven" ...sitting on clouds playing a harp for all eternity...is what I meant exactly...and knowing Em...she's not buying that either...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just caught this... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This thought is so comedic in my mind, it is utterly unbelievable. It makes me gag just thinking about it.
                  I know I certainly will never be sitting on a cloud playing a harp for all of eternity, I can't think of anything more boring (if I believed in hell, then this would be my idea of hell).
                  Besides, I play guitar, not harp. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  And I don't plan on living on any cloud, seems like a waste of time to me.
                  No way, I got plans. BIG PLANS. And they involve LOTS of noise. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Wow Em,

Sometimes you really blow me away man. I must admit when I read Rich's post it kinda made me think of how terrible it would be if I had said something hurtful to you...I was thinking of that all day and feeling pretty bad if there was a remote chance if that was the case..

I know Rich , he's the friggin' goods...I can feel the sincereity of our mutual respect along with others like ...well you know who you are.

I bonded with Em right away because I think like minds just do that..I know there is a lot of very similiar qualities we share as humans. Em always has my upmost respect because she truly earned it which is not that often.

I just rented Anchorman !!!!!! and my wife is now on vacation. She was forced to take it or she would just lose it all together...before the end of the year. So I wasn't going to visit here tonight. That haunting thought of me being a bit to "real" for my own good kinda bit me in the ass. So I had to..

The last thing I ever want to do is hurt a good friend and person ...I save all that nasty enegy for those who really need that.

So to Lady Em and to all I bid you a grand New Year and "Live long and prosper"...that's Vulcan I believe ..Vulcan my ass Mr. Spock was Anton LeVay in a beatle wig...AKA Leornard Nemoiy or NeMoi or oyee ...however you spell frigging' it.

Tommy ...I'll see ya in da stinky , hot and nasty STAYTOX facility...Meet me in The "Blood Orgy" room!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

You guys Rock ...I'll be checkin' in ...I fuggin' love yous ...all of yous.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm high.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Man ..I'm lovable when I'm high..like a warm and fuzzy Buddah ...yeah I'm like a friggin' Buddah with slits for eyes...yep, that's me..A big ol' fuzzy Dago Buddah with a enormous mantool...OK I'm ramblin' out my ass..

If I EVER hurt any of my freinds ...even by accident...Please slap me in the face with a black rubber dong in front of President Bush....and the first lady...oh yeah and his daughters...I like them! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm glad to hear y'all are holding up Em. Didn't mean any disrespect to Bill here either. I can only go by my own experiences, and sometimes we get caught in our own views to the point we can unwittlngly hurt others just expressing them at the wrong time, like my sis with the cat thing gave as example. She's the sweetest sister I could ask for, but she's got a 'truth' thing. It took her a year to stop correcting her husband even after she knew he had vascular dementia. He'd get very pissed at being corrected in public (embarrassed really) and she couldn't get the fact that it didn't matter, everyone knew he was fading and all she was doing was pissing him off and making a scene. She understands that now and they are doing a lot better as a result. She also says it's better my brother died than had he lived and beenbedridden from bypass surgery, since she says nobody could take care of him. I said I would have, and she says I'm in no position to be of help to anyone. So her truth is that I'm useless and it's best my brother is dead, when had he gone to the hospital a couple hours earlier he'd probably be alive now. I guess I'm not letting go, but we're not talking about a vegetable situation. I know people in their 90s who've been running on bypasses for 30 years and walk 5 miles a day, so I feel he could've lived a lot longer, in decent health. She accepts it and I don't, is the bottom line. Anyway, I think the world of both of y'all, and Bill, you know I wouldn't say anything just to argue about it. I guess it's a subject I'm sensitive about, I think about it a lot. You can tell why by the examples I gave. So I hope everyone has a happier New Year than this year has been!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well okay then! Haha! I'm rather speechless, but cool.

Add my Happy New Year to the pot! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        Hee hee... I said "pot".

Anyway- The Keith and I just watched Anchorman last night.. er... um... I aint sayin' nuthin'. Make sure you smoke a couple bowls before you watch it, Bill. I think that will be the best way to enjoy the movie. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Speaking of movies, we're settling in for something, a horror flick of some sorts. I dunno.

Rich and Bill here's to you and your families [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        Take care all.

Em

Comment

Happy New Year to all you guys, I hope you all have a great 2005!!
                          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Hey Guys ...I got a moment and I'm still sober (kinda) so I'm checkin' in to say Happy Friggin' New Year and whatnot..

Em , Anchorman Ruled..laughed my ass off...I'm going to watch it again tonight..

Vinny is going to sleep over my sister's house ...This way Val can get her "good luck" sausage at Midnight...you see , and Em you may already know this ...Italians think it's good luck to eat sausage right at New Years...and that is NOT a problem...because at my house ...there is a Italian Sausage all you can eat buffet... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Boy I bet Val can't wait...and I say that with the upmost sarcasm....it's amazing she's not hooked on heroin dealing with my stupid ass for 20 years..

OK then , well Em , Rich , Jimmy , Tommy , Drip , Jack and to all my JCF brothers and sisters..may 2005 kick ass for you..

2004 was fukkin' crazy...man just think of it ...Dime's Murder , The War , Tsunamis , Hurricanes , The Peterson Trial , The Election , the Drovers join Megadeth , Eddie Van Halen totaly loses it , Janet Jackson's titty , Judas Preist is back , David Lee Roth becomes an EMT , Gay Marriages galore , Usama is still being a backfighting pussy and we can't catch him..

and the best of all ...The best the Democrats could do was John Kerry... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

John Kerry.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

John Kerry.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

JOHN KERRY!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

what a geek!!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Happy New Year to ya Bill, and your funny family!
                              Yeah, sausage is a tradition at midnight, 'cept mine is Irish.
                              An Irish and and Italian... scary!
                              We are prepared to do our yearly drink battle... HAHA!

Everyone have a good, safe night.
                              See ya next year.

Em

Comment

THanks Bill... Have a happy new year.

just wait till I get nominated for president. And I will, oh yes. I will.

I have to venture the arctic weather of Montana now to get some necessities for tonight, namely, whiskey.

Comment

Working...
                                X