Bill's New Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tunez

I've been running the VHT 2150 and Marshall 9200. But they don't start sounding "right" until it's too fucking loud. I have a VHT 2-50-2 coming tomorrow or Monday. I have NOT ruled the JMP-1 out yet. But I do like the simplicity of seeing the settings of all 3 channels on the Hafler and being able to tweak them very quickly and easily. One thing I remember from my gigging days is that you always have to be able to tweak the tone a tad for the room. The Vetta does this well with master bass/treble/reverb controls. The Hafler/CAE and a few others are 3-channel preamps with knobs that I can see everything at a glance. With the JMP and some of these others I'd be forever wading through push buttons and shit. We'll see. I have another preamp I'm looking into as well.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The amp discussion is fascinating... I'm following the thread... just a minor interruption here...

Um, what does it mean when water falls from the sky?
      Everything is wet. And it's cold. Did the Apocolypse happen while I was sleeping and I missed it? Who won? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      I'm so confused!! [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

BillZ- check your regular e-mail. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Over and Out,
      Emmy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        As hard as you push it..still too "tame" for my liking.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not tame by any means. It's extremely precise and shows all your flaws, and you can't hide within the cloaking device of massive "dimed" gain. I can't even play your Uber when it is set like that. It's like trying to run in 4 inches of water to me...

Hehehe... [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Knowing what i know of Tim, it's quite likely he would love the CAE3+se... Probably a lot more than than he would an Uberschall.

Comment

Actually, I LOVE the Uberschall. You are now hitting the crux of my problem. I really want it ALL. I like to make a LOT of different kinds of noises. So any of these things is ultimately a compromise.

I have resigned myself to the fact that the Vetta will be my "have it all" amp and my rack will be for me to define and refine my own sound.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

OK Emmy I check my Email..I never check that..I'm used to getting alerted when recieving incoming mail...not with this.

Timmy you have a 9200 and a VHT2150...what your take on both on how they sound..with the same preamp..as the JMP-1?

I know I like my 5881 version MUCH better than the EL34 version..especially when loud!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Actually, I LOVE the Uberschall. You are now hitting the crux of my problem. I really want it ALL. I like to make a LOT of different kinds of noises. So any of these things is ultimately a compromise.

I have resigned myself to the fact that the Vetta will be my "have it all" amp and my rack will be for me to define and refine my own sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, seems nothing does it all perfectly. Always a compromise....

Well, then, the CAE may not be brutal enough. The Uber is a more brutal in the low end easy to dial in chugga sound. The CAE is close, but much more refined and not as out of the box brutal.

Everywhere else, the CAE shines more brightly. But the CAE just wasn't designed for the low end, Chugga crunch sound. I am artificially respirating it getting it to do that, at that point, haha...

The CAE is overall more versatile than the Uber, but the Uber certainly shines in the one brutal chugga crunch outta the box area much brighter.

That said, and I am into brutal, I would own the CAE over an Uber any time. My only other possibility would be the ENGL 570 preamp. but, I know I'd lose so much of the CAE coolness that I'd want both really.

An Uber preamp would be bitching.

If I had to grab JUST a "head", to go play with, I'd use an Uber as I know it would kick ass. But, only if I couldn't take my rack.

Comment

weird...my computers is being gay..how did I miss these posts.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Emmy I check my email..I got squat.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Your CAE sounds fine when you play it...I can get by with it ..it just doesn't have the "oomph" I'm used to...I would have to tweak it a bit. It has clarity , bottom , girth and some cool "heavyness"..but it's sounds "Pretty" NOT "Brutal"!!!

We all jammed when Ace was Over..we all have different styles..and your amp worked fine for all of us..it has enough "gain" to get by without stomps..Ace (Grindcore) , Me (Death/Thrash/)..You (Van / Malmsteen).. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The way I set my Uberschall is NOT pretty ..it's BRUTAL!!!

It can be "tamed"..but why?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  It can be "tamed"..but why??

[/ QUOTE ]

So I could play it without feeling like Im running in 4 inches of water... hahaha...

Comment

Like I said in my IM just now, Reboot your computer!!!

Even your Yahoo messenger IM is turned off.

Comment

I did reboot nuthin'...shit I gotta go pick up Vinny's new bed with my dad..I'll be back!!

stop running thru water and play yer geetar...No play yer geetar while you run thru water..do both..why not..OK bye!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

"So I could play it without feeling like Im running in 4 inches of water... hahaha...

No, wear your rubbers ..I mean galoshes.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I have all the windows open and it's cool and rainy and 51F!
                          PERFECT!!!!!!!!! So which one of you arranged this for me, hmm? Thank You!
                          'Course, it wont last. It'll be warm again tomorrow but I think it will still be a little cloudy. Maybe one cloud. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I'm enjoying the day IMMENSELY.

Been playing my geetars all day too! So much fun. So fun!
                          I have my JCF jam done. I just have to send it to Pete.
                          Yay.
                          It's.... interesting. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm off to splash around outside now. Bye.

Comment

We're finally getting some rain here today. We need it bad. I doubt we'll get 4 inches though so I won't need my rubbers. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Bravo Emmy ..did you try sending that solo to me..I got nuthin' my computer was being gay this morning..I dunno.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Uberschall fuggin' owns..For plain straight foward Brutality..I'll put this fucker up against anything...anything...it's fucking Demonic!!!.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Satan Plays an Uberschall.. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

it's in the book of Genesis...its in there somewhere..I swear... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Just got back... BillZ... sent you another e-mail. Checky it in awhile. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                                Went and hung out with my guitar tech for a bit, played a Peavey triple X. Very groovy. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Off for hot choco and marshmallows, oh my! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X