new pontiac GTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new pontiac GTO

I also think the new GTO is a very weak attempt by GM at bringing back some of it's muscle car heritage. Ford has the right idea with the new Mustang, but this new "GTO" looks like a warmed up GTP. BLAAAH, boring.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I bought one of the new Cadillac CTS-V's and that car is the sh!t! 400Horse LS6 motor, 6 speed.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] sideways in 2nd gear, 3rd gear scratches at 75. I've raced everything i can and haven't lost yet, even a Carrera yesterday with a car load and the AC on, stuck right with him, had I not had a carload and the AC, I certainly would have smoked him, BAD!

I too am a big fan of the 69-70 era Mopar's, I'd kill for a Nash Bridges ride...

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        saw a commercial yesterday advertising pontiac's new GTO.
        as i am a huge fan of old muscle cars i perked right up when i saw it. it will never look like the old one, or be nearly as cool, but hey , we got new charvels and GTO's.
        i'm happy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and late '05 a new Hemi Charger from Dodge as an '06 model.....but it is slated to be a 4 door. WTF is that? If they offer a 2 door, I will prolly go into deep debt to get one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the concept cars for the Charger 2 door?? Those things were bad...but from what I understand from Chrysler its gonna be a 4 door and the Hemi is still being decided. I dont know why Chrysler/Dodge are coming out with these butt ugly cars with the Hemis...thats like putting a bikini on Sharon Osbourne..it just dont freaking belong...WTF were they thinking when they came up with the idea for the Magnum?? "Hehehehe, roll another while I design this car...an aerodynamic hearse, and lets through in a Hemi for shits and giggles". And whats up with the new 300C's?? It looks like a old gray haired European ladies car...why does it need a Hemi?? It needs a freaking 2 cylinder...its freaking ugly!!!!!

Mrs LPC [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I also sat in a RAM SRT-10. I would do some bad things to get one of those. It's so badass to see a viper motor under the hood.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have 2 of the SRT-10s now...Red and Silver (I think its silver) and that sumbitch gives me the biggest hard on and I aint even got a dick!!! If I could convince Mr LPC to sell his 63 Paul, I would probably have enough to pay 1/3 down, and the payments wouldnt be so bad....but the truck would make it to the first telephone pole or tree...then give it a big ole hug!!

Mrs LPC [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I've owned or worked on all the cool mopars of the day and I actually like the 300's, nice classy ride. They need to come out with a 2 door stripped car with a hemi and a 5 speed auto or a 6 speed and price it at 24K.
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I've owned or worked on all the cool mopars of the day and I actually like the 300's, nice classy ride. They need to come out with a 2 door stripped car with a hemi and a 5 speed auto or a 6 speed and price it at 24K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres just something about those 300s I hate. It might be because they look like somebody chopped off the front and back end. I really do like the SRT 10s and the Rumblebees... Its the redneck in me coming out I guess...put the SRT10 on a lift and some swampers...then Im ready to play!!

Mrs LPC

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] If Dodge wants to compete in the muscle car market, you are 100% correct, sir.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

OK, ok. I do agree that chrysler needs to come up with 2 door cheap hemi 6 speed (pistol grip would be killer as well), but you have to admit that, while not being a 2 door, this thing looks badass!

"My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Front end looks too much like a Camaro if you ask me....Im die hard Chevy, but DiamlerChrysler basically signs my paycheck, so I gotta like Dodge...

Mrs LPC

Comment

Here's what needs to happen: we got step one with the new Mustang. I'm a long time Chevy fan and I even like this thing. Step 2, if GM has any intelligence at all, they will make a -good- retro camaro.. based after the 67-69 body styles. Step 3, Dodge needs to make a -good- retro Hemi Challenger, or Hemi Cuda; early 70's style.

GM could probably pull off a decent Camaro, although I'm skeptical..they have a nack for really missing the ball on design sometimes. And Dodge,.. well it's not very hopeful. They will find a way to screw that up. I drive a dodge and have been screwed over by dodge, don't have much confidence left in them. But I'd still like to see a (2 door) retro hemi Challenger.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Front end looks too much like a Camaro if you ask me....Im die hard Chevy, but DiamlerChrysler basically signs my paycheck, so I gotta like Dodge...

Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I was thinking the exact same thing. More Camaro in that design than Charger.

Comment

Square off the front a little and it's great. I haven't drove an srt truck yet, but it's an awsome machine. Actually a srt4 neon is the best bang for the buck these day's I've seen stage 1 cars do 13.2's, that's nice for a factory 4 cyl car with warranty.
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

The new GTO, while probably quite the ride in the performance department, is a little too 'Corporate Pontiac' in exterior looks for my tastes.

I saw a rendering in one of the car magazines a few months ago for a next-generation GTO that was more retro. It had a lot of potential. Of course, I can't find the picture again.

Comment

I was excited about the new GTO too until I saw it. Looks like a Grand Am.

Anyone seen those new Mopar hemi powered station wagon looking things? I don't know what they are called.....but they actually look pretty badass for a station wagon.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Anyone seen those new Mopar hemi powered station wagon looking things? I don't know what they are called.....but they actually look pretty badass for a station wagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the Dodge Magnum.

Comment

Working...
                                X