new pontiac GTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new pontiac GTO

saw a commercial yesterday advertising pontiac's new GTO.
    as i am a huge fan of old muscle cars i perked right up when i saw it. it will never look like the old one, or be nearly as cool, but hey , we got new charvels and GTO's.
    i'm happy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Re: new pontiac GTO

[ QUOTE ]
    saw a commercial yesterday advertising pontiac's new GTO.
    as i am a huge fan of old muscle cars i perked right up when i saw it. it will never look like the old one, or be nearly as cool, but hey , we got new charvels and GTO's.
    i'm happy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and late '05 a new Hemi Charger from Dodge as an '06 model.....but it is slated to be a 4 door. WTF is that? If they offer a 2 door, I will prolly go into deep debt to get one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

gonna roll for one stukes?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        gonna roll for one stukes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I am a huge Mopar fan. I had a '71 Charger Superbee, 340 Magnum back in the early 80's and a 73 Challenger in the early 90's that I put a 440 in. I always said that if they brought back the Charger, and did it right...read: 2 DOOR, BIG ENGINE, Dodge would draw me back in.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Oh, and rear wheel drive.
          Scott

Comment

After my old Mustang, I gave up on RWD here in the great old snowy northeast. I probably won't ever go back, unless it's a "summer-only" car. And, with baby #2 on the way, that's probably not happening anytime soon. :lol

Comment

I hate the 4 door Charger idea. Talk about lame. However, it is faithfull to the original concept. The Charger was meant to be a full sized family sports car. It gave dad the power and looks and still had room for the kids in back.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I hate the 4 door Charger idea. Talk about lame. However, it is faithfull to the original concept. The Charger was meant to be a full sized family sports car. It gave dad the power and looks and still had room for the kids in back.

[/ QUOTE ] I have no problem with it being big enough to carry people in the back seat, I have a problem with a 4 door muscle car. My brother had the Impala SS when it came out. As fast and powerful as it was, I never liked it because it was a 4 door. Let the friggin' kids push the seat forward and climb in the back. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                Scott

Comment

2 door is a must. end of story.

Comment

Spoken like guys who don't have small children in child seats in the back. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] A 4 door is now a must for me.

Comment

I just got back from the All Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle PA an they had the 4 door charger there on display. I myself do not like the idea of a 4 door, but once you see it in person, you will change your mind. This thing is friggin awesome. It has a lot of the same styling features as a 68 - 70 charger body style. You don't even notice the back doors. It retains that classic coke bottle styling that chargers were known for. I also sat in a RAM SRT-10. I would do some bad things to get one of those. It's so badass to see a viper motor under the hood.

I sold my 70 Barracuda a few years ago and regret it a lot. The prices of old mopars are skyrocketing and show no sign of coming down.

Jim
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Well, I for one won't settle for a 4 door. Pontiac made the new GTO in a 2 door, the 05 Mustang is still a 2 door, etc. etc. I mean really....Hemi powered, pistol grip shifter, rear wheel drive--------->4 door? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] OK Gramps!
                        Scott

Comment

When they first started talking about bringing he GTO back from the dead I was real excited. But after some of the photos started to leak out and then the actual debut I am a little disappointed. The GTO is a legendary muscle car. I like modern styled cars but they could have done a little more work on the body to create modern lines of the old design. Not just tweak the Australian body. Look at next years Mustang. I'm not much of a Mustang fan but damn that thing looks like it jumped right out of a modern day version of Bullit.

Comment

You guys can have the new one. I will just enjoy my cheap 'ol 69.

Comment

i wish they would make an old-new corvette again.
                              '63 or '67 style.

Comment

Working...
                              X