Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Electric car gets crushed July 15th UGH!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Electric car gets crushed July 15th UGH!!!!!!!

Well this Thursday I turn it in.. I now have 1 of only 17 in the world left EV1 (GM & Saturn Venture Electric car). Sithsonian is keeping one all others will be Crushed by August 31st. SAD SAD DAY - I will have to buy gas again. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: My Electric car gets crushed July 15th UGH!!!!!!!

I am curious, WHY do you have to turn it in? Just wondering. Is it because of the batteries and their acid and environmental issues?
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

no, it's cuz i am moving into hoss' barn in 3 weeks and it would get wrecked eventually with me behind the wheel-lol
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The goverment no longer requires car makers to have zero emissions cars as they did in 1990's, Goverment has relaxed the requirement ...
        The offical letter from GM/Saturn - states that due to the fact that my car uses the Small paddle and the standard is the Big paddle they are going to remove all the cars that use the non-standard paddle.. __They gave me a adapter so I can use the big paddle with my car?? Works great - but alas it will be crushed..............

Comment

It's a lease or something? Why can't you keep it, I'm not sure I understand.

Comment

They did not sell any - Lease only when the Lease ends so do the cars - There will not be any on the road from GM/Saturn after August 31. None - all gone.

Comment

Well, that's assault and batteries and they should let you keep. They also don't want collectors snapping them up, I bet.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

can i at least be in the car when it gets crushed?

Comment

What if the car is "stolen"?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I wonder if you could fit a big block in that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

They have a Tracker on it - They know where I am and where I go :P at all times...

No Tommy you cannot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

some fun you are hoss.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        all others will be Crushed by August 31st.

[/ QUOTE ]

As they should be! No offense, Hoss, and nothing against the car itself, but the environmental arguments in favor of electric cars are a farce. Yet another instance of CARB and the "greenies" having their heads up their pitooties.

Comment

Yeah Yeah - I paid $250 a month.. No Gas Bill, No Bridge Toll ($3.00 a day), No Electric Cost (charge paid by City Hall's and by Shopping Mall's)that also included tires, windshild wipers, towing, rental car (never needed) and full coverage insurance.. Now my gas bill will be more than that.... I'm Looking at a CNG ??

Comment

I'll sell you a 75 Buick centery with a v6 in it for $600 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Hey Hoss you should look into a Prius. Not a bad little car, I had a chance to drive one around for a week on vacation. It seemed OK and I hate electric cars. Gets 50+ MPG and you never have to plug it in.
                              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                              X