• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox Fans #2

The Rocket

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Red Sox Fans #2

He doesn't play for us (and won't again), so I could care less if he gets shelled.

Comment

Never say Never.. The astros are loking to lighten the load right now. (Jimmy Williams might be out) and Clemens has already publically stated that he only had a problem with one person in Boston and he's gone now ..

On a better note it was great to see both RedSox sluggers go deep last night ...
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

garciaparra for randy johnson via the cubs extremely
        rich in pitching prospects farm system. could happen.
        atomic books has it at even money today.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

i would personally like to thank the redsox for clinching home field advantage for the yankees in the world series with their homeruns in the allstar game last night-lol
          what bunch of good sports they are [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Again Tommy, your welcome. We enjoy watching the Yankees lose to the NL championship winner with that advantage. lol And I don't think Nomar is going anywhere. I seriously doubt the Sox will pick up Randy Johnson. If the front office made that trade they need a good swift kick in the balls. Why pick up a 40 year old pitcher that wants more than what Nomar does to resign with the Sox? The Sox pitching will be as it should in the second half. Lowe's last outing was crucial. And he pulled himself out of trouble and settled down. On another note who thought Arroyo would have the stuff he's been throwing? He me not have the wins, but that's do to a lack of run support. Johnson also said he is going to put any chance of a trade to rest really quick and stick with his no trade clause simply because he's sick of all this media hype.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

i'm also of the hope/belief that nomar stays in boston; granted, i don't know **** about the guy, but i feel bad for him in a sense. he's come back pretty strong since his injury, and i'd personally love to see him stay.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I saw Nomaaaahhh the other day with his wife Mia Hamm at Sonsies on Newbury... he had a nice white jag. Seemed like a nice guy and talked to fans here and there. Just some random useless info, you guys can carry on now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The problem is that he will not resign with the Sox, so the choices are:
                  Trade him now and get some pitching help
                  Trade him now and get a bat that you actually have a chance of resigning for next year
                  Or Keep him for the season and hope he won't go into the tank again in September and only get draft choices from whatever team he eventually signs with - which is basically like getting nothing.

Comment

Yeah but get stuck with a 40 year old pitcher for another year at 16+ million a year? I'd rather have Nomar's bat the rest of the season and have him walk if he wants to walk. Slump in a contract year? He won't fetch the nice lofty salary his eyes and heart are set on if that happens. Lets face it a lack of bats is what has the Sox where they are right now. Before Arroyo's last outing he was 0-4. Only gave up 8 runs over those 4 games. The Sox only got 9 runs for him in those games. The main problem with Lowe is their defensive errors. A different pitcher isn't going to fix that. Especially one that likes to go off in the clubhouse on the player that made the error. The clubhouse is already at a disfunctional state as is. Which is another big part of the problem.
                    We must!
                    We must!
                    We must increase the bust!
                    The bigger the better!
                    The tighter the sweater!
                    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      i would personally like to thank the redsox for clinching home field advantage for the yankees in the world series with their homeruns in the allstar game last night-lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You did mean for the White Sox but I will forgive you for the typo
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

pokey should be your permanent 2nd baseman.
                        first base has been an error problem for you guys as well as short. if it's not pedro or schilling on the mound(strikeout pitchers that is)it makes it awfully tough on the staff especially for guys like lowe to keep you in a position to win.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You did mean for the White Sox but I will forgive you for the typo

[/ QUOTE ]

no i meant the ortiz and hammy ramirez homers last night.
                          tetsuo, you're in downers grove, ill. huh?
                          they have xanax there?-lol
                          i'll be right over.

Comment

No Tommy I was talking about the Typo of you saying the Yankees when you menat to type White Sox [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah in good ole Downers Grove where Jeremy lives and yet we have never met

Xanax I have my homemade kind available
                            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

While I somewhat agree with you,RJ isn't just some 40 year old pitcher, he's the greatest lefthanded pitcher in MLB history. Do you know how hard it would be to beat the Sox in a playoff series with your 1st 3 on the rotation being Pedro, Schilling, and Johnson?
                              Nomar has had 10 errors in the 3 weeks (or so) he was back before the All-Star break, Pokey will be the defensive upgrade they invisioned him to be when they got him to replace Walker at second. His move to short while Nomar was out was effortless.
                              Personally I'm on the fence about the trade, but c'mon, Pedro, Schilling, Johnson in a playoff rotation? That is pretty enticing.

Comment

Working...
                              X