Is the SHAQ trade good or bad for the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the SHAQ trade good or bad for the NBA

I think it is great for the WEST. But I'm A KINGS fan [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Is the SHAQ trade good or bad for the NBA

Public Service Anounsment:

Please Rederict all sports talk to the "c'mon Jose don't fukk up" thread [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think anything exciting happing to the eastern conferance like this is good, east coast ball is kinda boring usally [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Hey, what happened to the green title? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      The NBA isn't basketball anymore IMO.
      The best thing that could happen to the NBA is David Stern dieing...

Comment

and the best thing for baseball is
        drunk selig, i mean bud selig vacating that office as soon as possible.

thank you snoop. good lookin' out.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

what green title? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hey, what happened to the green title? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            The NBA isn't basketball anymore IMO.
            The best thing that could happen to the NBA is David Stern dieing...

[/ QUOTE ]I agree. The NBA stopped being fun to watch for these reasons: Now that everyone is 7 ft tall, the hoop is too short. You can take two full steps for a lay-up. Their shorts are too long and you can't see the ball. And it takes 20 minutes to play the last 2. They ought to expand the court by 30% all around and raise the hoop by a foot. Right now, they are so big they can't get out of their own way.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

As far as I am concerned, David Stern can line.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Well its nice to see LA fall apart, I've hated them for a while. The funny part is Kobe might sign with the Clippers haha... I'm not sure if this was a good trade for Miami though, they had a good young team, now all they have is Shaq passed his prime. If Kobe and Shaq couldn't win, I doubt miami with Shaq will do much. Next year I'll be watching the Spurs, Pistons, Rocket, and The Jazz pretty closely, they've made some great moves this offseason so far.

Comment

The Daddy will rule the east! Kobe will fall on his pamperd ass! The lakers will finsh last, and I can't wait. Yes I live in Fla.
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I don't watch the NBA games really AT ALL, but I don't think the Lakerz will be the same with the, "Shaq Attack"!!!

Comment

lol ... yep ... next year will be an interesting one for the Lakers

Comment

They will be tied for last with my Starbucks Sonics.
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

The NBA started falling apart when all the kids 15 years ago watched Michael Jordan and figured that they would be better off learning dazzling playground moves rather than actually learning to play basketball (at which MJ was the best ever).

And now with all the 18-year olds coming into the NBA and the talent pool diluted with frequent league expansions, it's borderline unwatchable. And I used to be a huge NBA fan, having grown up in Portland, where the NBA used to be virtually a religion.

As far as Shaq goes, I wouldn't be surprised if he sheds some weight and really tries hard again--also remember that Miami will be playing in the new Southeast Division next year, which will be really weak. Kobe's probably going to move to the Clippers, and then Jack Nicholson and Dyan Cannon will have to find something else to do with their free time...

Comment

Pro Fusion thats to [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] about Jack & Dyan. I live in Miami & the place is buzzing that Shaq is comming. I have friends who work for the Heat & there is a big stir in theit organization now, they gave up 3 starters, but they will have a chance in the draft pics also. The Shaq T-shirts & stuff are already starting to sell around here my Favorite is Shaqzilla crushing L.A. heading East with the state of Florida in the bottom corner of the shirt. I'm not even a sports fan but it's such a big deal going here right now just about every customer i have come to my bar is talking about Shaq.
                            According To The Prophecy

Comment

The Heat didn't give up that much--three role players--to get a superstar. I can't believe that the Lakers pulled the trigger on that deal. Even though Kobe is going to stay with the Lakers (Jack and Dyan can keep coming to the games, I guess...), the team is probably no better than middle of the pack in the Western Conference. Duncan and the Spurs will run roughshod over them, not to mention the Rockets with Yao and McGrady.

The Pistons are probably still the best team in the East, but if Shaq decides to fully show up for the job next season, things could get interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X