• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was your first guitar

what was your first guitar my first was a
    washburn candy apple red cheap . gave to me
    by my uncle. it was made in the late 80s. i was 13 teen
    can't remember what i sold it for prod 90 pound
    thats about $180 . wonder were it is now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: what was your first guitar

Mine was a $24.95 pawnshop special, Prestige brand. Made a Squier look like a Jackson Custom Shop piece!

My first REAL guitar was a 1965 Fender Mustang that I bought for $50 w/ohsc in 1973! GOD, I wish I'd kept that guitar!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My first guitar was a 1983 Ibanez Roadstar.It was a good guitar even though I changed just about everything on it.I still have it but it is in very rough shape.My model 88 was next and was a BIG step up.
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

its sentimental init i like to have my old guitar back
        even if its probably **** thats what i played my first riff
        on push push by cinderella [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Peavey Patriot and not I wouldn't take it back if someone offered to give it to me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

<font color="yellow">A Quest Atak 1.
            My folks bought it for a combination christmas/birthday present. (Thanks mom &amp; dad) [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            Still have it and the Gorilla 12W amp it came with.
            I was a nightmare as a kid, but I would probably doing some time if it wasn't for that POS guitar and amp. </font>

Comment

Don't remember the first one I had, and gave up on. The first one I bought was a '68 Fender Bronco.

Comment

First electric was a passed-down Sears plywood strat copy: tobacco burst, s/s/h, weighed maybe 100 lbs. I would later scallop the neck with a file, and cut the body down to a square. It didn't really play any worse that way. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

#2 was a candy apple red Hondo Fame 760 (got it for Christmas when I was maybe 16, which would be... about '85), that I still have, and that has a single coil in the middle position from that original Sears pos. That pup is noisy, but it has mojo. [Neck pup is a non logo'ed SD quarter pound that I bought from a guy just before he got kilt: bridge has a duncan distortion. I routed the bod and pickguard for the hum when I was maybe 17. Can be seen here: http://www.keithupson.com/images/scared.jpg, but I have to put the 1/4 pound back in. Had to have it rewound.

Keith
                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

My very first guitar was a 1962/3 Holiday. I have never seen another one.
                  My first real guitar was a 1983/4 Aria Pro II RS Knight Warrior. It was gigged heavily in the mid 80s and it shows it. I still have it. She's a case queen now.

Comment

My first guitar... I still have it! It's only been three years or so... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

My first guitar was a p.o.s. Memphis melody maker copy...action was so high it'd make you dizzy...but I learned somehow....

Comment

late starter how old are you if i may ask

Comment

A white Gibson V. .... Should have keep the thing. Thank you for bring up such a painful memory
                          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

A MONTOYA LP copy with action so high I could use it as a bow and arrow.
                            www.kiddhavok.com
                            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

a ibanez... forgot the name... it sucked.

Comment

Working...
                              X