No announcement yet.

where can I ship a guitar for 30 bucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can I ship a guitar for 30 bucks?

I see alot of guitars going on ebay, and the seller only charges like 20-30 bucks for shipping. My question is, where the hell can you ship a guitar for 30 bucks? UPS and Fed Ex all "estimate" that it will cost like 50-60 bucks. Can you ship a large object like a guitar through the United States postal service? Ive got the case and box already, but I dont want to charge a potential buyer 60 bucks for shipping and then have them complain like its too much.

Re: where can I ship a guitar for 30 bucks?

I ship ups, I shipped my carvin to boston for $25
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

hmm. Maybe the UPS website charges too much? Should I pay a visit to the UPS store or something?

Comment

I have mailed and received guitars via the Postal Service. Fender guitar boxes are not oversize and you don't get charged a higher rate. Measure a guitar case; guess the weight and add a few pounds and use the USPS Postage calculator. You can do it for $30. Just ask DR.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I shipped two guitars last week. I packed them myself and took them to the ups depot near my house. They charged about $26 each.

Comment

I shipped a Model 2 from NJ to California for $26 via UPS.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The others have said it, but if it's a Rhoads,King V, Kelly or other guitars that take oversize cases, you'll get charged more. Also do NOT forget insurance, that's extra.USPS will ship guitars, and even amps; I shipped a Carvin X60B head from CA to MS for $29 by Parcel Post, and shipped several guitars that way too. The cheapest shipper is Fedex Ground though, but they won't insure a guitar that's over 20 years old for more than $100 so if it's an oldie don't do Fedex. Otherwise, Fedex is about 25% less than UPS.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Pack the guitar yourself and ship via UPS Ground at Staples. Excellent rates.

DO NOT ship from "The UPS Store". They charge a fortune.

Comment

I didn't even know you could use Staples to ship using UPS Ground. I will have to take advantage of this sometime. There's no UPS thing anywhere around here, but there's a massive Staples closeby. Thanks!!

Comment

I've shipped uncased (but - duh - well boxed) guitars and basses for as low as $12 to $13, 1/2 way to 3/4 across the country via Fedex ground.

And guitars in hard cases cross country for anywhere from $20 to $30.

Keith
                    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

thanks for all your help guys.

Comment

Well, I went to my local Staples and inquired about the UPS shipping. Apparently, they don't do that here. Instead, they do FedEx, but it's gotta be prepaid or you've got to at least put your credit card number on the box or something. Sounded like a hassle, so why don't I just go to a FedEx outlet myself and ship it while I'm there instead of paying for the shipping and hauling the package to Staples to ship it?

Comment

i just found out that my friend works for fedex a few days ago. He gets employee discounts, 75% he says, so we will see if I can save a dollar or two [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That is one hell of an employee discount!!!

Comment

yeah, but this kid is known to lie his ass off. so i dunno if i should trust him or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X