First gig Friday night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First gig Friday night!

Steve, remember that the audience only notice 1/10th of the mistakes you notice yourself. A so-so solo by you will score an A+++ with the audience! All is good!
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That's Great [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I agree with DRS, whatever you do don't over indulge in booze, pot or anything before the show.I will allow myself 1 beer at the most before we go on to help with nerves.It's really only before you start playing that's the worst.By the time we're into the 4th measure or so the music just takes over.You'll be fine, like everyone says ...just have fun,after all your doing what you really want to do and you have worked long and hard to get to this point in time.
      THERE'S NOTHING LIKE PLAYING LIVE !!!
      the straighter you are the higher you'll get [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

p.s.
        I would however highly recomend at least a skeletal set list to fall back on.You can always change it as you go along.Just make a list for yourself and as everybody is trying to think of what to play next you can call out the tune.
        Structure and presentation is very important.You want to make yourselves appear as profesional as possible.
        I'm jealous it's been awhile since I played out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

as long as you axe looks good and the amp is loud it'll be fine

Comment

Good luck... Caution... Doing your first gig without a set list is a bad idea. Winging it in regards to a set list is uncool and unprofessional and will pretty much secure the fact that your band is unprepared for the gig. Make sure you thank the crowd for coming many times and don't sweat the small stuff.

Comment

I agree with jgcable!!
              1990 Jackson Professional
              1992 Dean ML
              2004 Epiphone Flying V
              2005 Epiphone Dot
              2009 Fender Stratocaster
              2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
              2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
              2006 Fender P Bass
              2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
              1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
              1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
              Custom Pedalboard
              ADA MP1
              ADA FX2
              Tascam 2488

Comment

I agree with JG as well. I think preparation is everything. Our singer set things up at the last minute (Monday), and we only practice once a week the last time being Saturday. We have a hard time getting through things as it is! Of course, they want to start things off with the two songs I have trouble with. Nice huh? (I did get a basic idea of the set at 11pm last night).

As for the intoxicants, I never play while under the influence of anything (I have a hard enough time playing sober LOL). I was considering having at least a beer before hand to calm my nerves.

Comment

micheal schenker did the alchohol thing to calm himself down, but it led to nasty things, including deadly prescription drugs...hmm..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    if you keep a coky attitude

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, no, you don't want THAT attitude! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    (Pssst, Donnie, the spell check function is here for YOU!) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hold on here let me thry this **** out.. Is this it?? cokey??? That just doesn't look right
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

COCKY

Also, try running your sig lines through it too...need major help there! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

What is spelled wrong in my sig??? Other than ain't a few times I don't see anything. If anything is wrong, Blame Skid Row
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Will send you a PM, dude.

Comment

Ok ... Friday is over and done with now I want to know how the gig went. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X