The DaVinci Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DaVinci Code

> I just got back from a mini-vacation,and read this book while out of town,in just 5 hours. Anyone else read it,and have comments? I found it to be one of the best novels I've ever read,Dan Brown is a master storyteller,right up there with King and Grisham,IMO. The religious community is all up in arms about it,and anything that displeases them pleases me to the point of needing to take a ****. Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Re: The DaVinci Code

I just started it and I'm about to go read for a while I'm only on like page 50, but I'm hooked already! You should get Demons and Angels. It has more of the anti religion facts in it. Very interesting. My wife already finished that one she said it was better than the DaVinci Code.

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

i haven't read it yet, been meaning to. i've yet to hear a neg. review of it though from anyone, only thing for me is, i've never been too big on stories though. fiction doesn't do it for me. knowledge based books are my bag though. documentaries, biographies, things of that nature...

albeit kinda' contradictory, the one "story" i truly love, is the entire bible and all of it's versions. i think it's just great. whether it be fiction or not, i'm not bringing up what i take into account and don't, irrelevant. but, i'm definitely checkin' the book out. any specifics i should look for? prerequesites you'd recommend?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        You should get Demons and Angels. It has more of the anti religion facts in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

????

I read D&A last month - it is a work of FICTION. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
        Albeit a very gripping one.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

For all of us lazy readers I noticed that the local Blocbuster video store had a dvd on the shelf with that same title.I almost picked it up but I opted for cheap entertainment instead....(Starship Troopers 2) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            You should get Demons and Angels. It has more of the anti religion facts in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

????

I read D&A last month - it is a work of FICTION. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
            Albeit a very gripping one.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a fictional story, but I thought it was written with a lot of historical facts about the birth of Christianity. Contraversial to say the least. Like the DiVinci Code. No?
            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Great book. I'm in the middle of D&As, which I actually like better so far.

A lot of interesting history, much of it not particularly flattering towards the church. Like most good works of fiction, though, it has a strong basis in truth.

Take it all with a grain of salt, though. That truth, of course, has been somewhat embellished to make the fiction more compelling. A good author knows how to do that well.

Comment

Working...
              X