New fireplace/mantle/hearth!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fireplace/mantle/hearth!!!

Well work almost stopped for 3 weeks so I decided to upgrade my dinky fireplace and give it a face lift!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    old fireplace:

new fireplace:

Re: New fireplace/mantle/hearth!!!

Dammit now I want a new one....in my old house I had a solid oak mantle that was about 100 years old....it was in perfect condition, but when I left that bastard of a man I lived with, I only took my clothes and home interior and left all the big stuff. Now hes lost the house (which was MY great grandmothers) and has moved into a tiny ass tin can on wheels with some woman, and TOOK MY MANTLE....okay Im still outta prozac, sorry!!

Mrs LPC

Comment

While I was waiting for the pics to load, I was thinking, "This guy is seriously hardcore! How the hell did he work a Dinky into his fireplace design?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] A sure sign of JCF overload. Pretty work there! I like the stone, & a raised hearth was definitely the way to go, imo. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I hope that's black colored grout and not just rocks stacked up!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Good job, it looks too cool!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

LesPaulCustom,
          Thanks!! Where the hell is he gonna mount that?
          Well thats a drag wish you could get the house back.
          dg lol!!!!
          You know that would have been a GREAT fireplace.
          Thanks for the replies.
          Got to go and paint I put 2 piece crown thru-out the house and family is coming over friday.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            While I was waiting for the pics to load, I was thinking, "This guy is seriously hardcore! How the hell did he work a Dinky into his fireplace design?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] A sure sign of JCF overload. Pretty work there! I like the stone, & a raised hearth was definitely the way to go, imo. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same damn thing when I saw the heading....the first thing that went through my mind was....oh God, dont let Mr LPC read this and get a big bright idea with my piss poor looking brick fireplace and very generic looking mantle...

Comment

mm2002,
              Nope I used construction glue! lol
              Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Heres the rest of the facelift:
                old foyer:

new foyer:

old hallway:

new hallway:

old kitchen:

new kitchen:

old kitchen wall:

new kitchen wall:

I'm killing myself!!
                Not done yet but I have to be done by friday and work started back today.
                Time to fix another pot of coffee!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  While I was waiting for the pics to load, I was thinking, "This guy is seriously hardcore! How the hell did he work a Dinky into his fireplace design?"

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I thought the same thing!! But I was thinking that somehow you managed to get your fireplace to look like a Dinky- the whole thing. Like something you'd see on Monster House.
                  Nice work there, man. What a difference! It looks way better.

Kudos,
                  Em

Edit- just saw the rest of your house pics... wow! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Wanna come do my house? I love those beautiful floors and all the coving (crown moulding). Very nice.

Comment

OMG I love it!!!! I wanna do massive changes to my house, but considering its NOT my house, I guess I have to leave it the way it is....ugly bland white walls and all...

Mrs LPC

Comment

Emthrax,
                      You know I do have a tile saw hmm and an extra mantle now hmm!! Down stairs in the music room I think I can build a dinky mantle-I'm OFF-Wait I need to make 3 pots of coffee and put on some Ozzy live with Randy Rhoads!!!!!!!!!!
                      Pixs coming soon if I don't explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      hehehehehehehehehe
                      Mrs LPC,
                      Thanks I do have another mantle for sale I think its a san dimas?? serial number M0011 since the jack@ss took off with yours. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                      But seriously thanks for the compliments...
                      Sorry about grand mothers house-hope you get it back someday.

Comment

hmmm...nice big area above the fireplace itself...prefect size for a ...ummm...guitar?...lol...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

How often do you oil that mantle and can it be ebonized? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, nice work man. Wish I owned my house, but I don't have time to do anything right now anyway.
                          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Emthrax,
                            You know I do have a tile saw hmm and an extra mantle now hmm!! Down stairs in the music room I think I can build a dinky mantle-I'm OFF-Wait I need to make 3 pots of coffee and put on some Ozzy live with Randy Rhoads!!!!!!!!!!
                            Pixs coming soon if I don't explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            You should do that, honestly. How cool would that be?! Did you see that Monster House where they made the fireplace into some sort of a demon with smoke and firey eyes? I don't know that all that drama would fit in with your gorgeous house, but its cool. I would so love to see a Dinky fireplace.
                            I agree with Diablo.. the nice framed space above that mantel would be a perfect spot for a guitar. Be sure to put up some spotlights. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You could even put some sharkfin inlays along the mantel for good measure.

All kidding aside- ya done good. Beautiful work.

Em

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Dammit now I want a new one....in my old house I had a solid oak mantle that was about 100 years old....it was in perfect condition, but when I left that bastard of a man I lived with, I only took my clothes and home interior and left all the big stuff. Now hes lost the house (which was MY great grandmothers) and has moved into a tiny ass tin can on wheels with some woman, and TOOK MY MANTLE....okay Im still outta prozac, sorry!!

Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]

Step away from the keyboard...slooooooooooowly.. take a deep breath..exhale...

Someone send her some prozac [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X