So, I got a job while half asleep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, I got a job while half asleep.

Welcome to the working mans world... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Hell 7:45... I've had jobs where I had to get up at 3:30am! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now I get up at 7:30 even if my alarm doesn't go off. Just used to it I guess.

Comment

I'm going to share my day with my fellow JCF'ers, whether they like or... or not!

So, I just got home from my first day at work. From 9AM to 2PM I worked that register, stocked those shelves, threw that D, and held. That. Tiger. Considering it was "work", I actually had a pretty good time. Nearly everyone was nice and patient while I took my sorry-ass time ringing them up. ANd the way I figure it, I made almost 25 buckarinos today for doing stuff that wasn't that unpleasant or as painful as "Barb-wire anal beads", as a brilliant man said in another thread. I go back in from 5pm to 10pm on Friday, and I'm not feeling a sense of doom! That's a good sign!

I hope I get to work with that hot chick a few times... IF ya know what I mean.

Comment

I apologize in advance for the unusual amount of profanity contained in the following post.

MOTHERFUCKER
        GOD. DAMN. IT!

It took 2 damn hours to close down the store today. 2 DAMN HOURS. IT'S A **** DOLLAR STORE! My boss, who I have nothing against personally, is a huge **** retard. And she tries to blame ME, for even PART of this huge amount of time taken to close the store, which just proves mental retardation, IMO. To be fair, I perhaps, PERHAPS, delayed our leaving there by 15 minutes. That means, AN HOUR AND 45 MINUTES WERE HER GODDAMNED FAULT!!

The worst part. You wanna know the worst part? My 57 year old father, who goes into his own job at 5:00 am tommorow, was waiting in the car for over an hour. That's just not fair to him, I couldn't care less about my own tiredness or exasperation, but my dad's? My Dad's? I'd cut off my arm to make him smile, and I'm a guitarist, dammit! I get **** ENRAGED when somebody fucks with my family. It's my motto; "Say or do what you want to me, but if you threaten my family's well-being, you're dead."

In summary, if anything like this happens again, I'm outta there. I'm busting my ass for 5.50 an hour. They don't need me, and I sure as hell don't need them.

So... how was your day? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm listening to Duran Duran's "Decade" greatest hits album right now to calm me down (familiar music always does that...and don't give me any **** about listen to Duran Duran, neither [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] ).

Comment

Duran Duran rock
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Duran Duran rock

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn right. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Soooo.... your saying you like your job? J/K bro... next time just tell him you'll call him when you get out, so he doesn't have to sit there.

Oh, and try not to take the job too seriously unless you wanna make it a career....Just make it serious enough to make a little cash and stay long enough so that when you finally do leave, it shows you're not a job hopper. If a company sees you jump from job to job, they get leary of hiring you. My brother worked at Burger King for 3 countem 3 years while he was in HS and for awhile after. When he quit he took a couple weeks off and found a job making $12.50 an hour. He worked there for almost 3 yrs and then well then he got fired but you get my point.

Comment

Yes they do. I always liked them.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I always liked Duran Duran too... Very solid... Too bad about all that money they made in the 80's though...

Comment

Wulfe, I appreciate your advice, but I think I'm gonna quit this job. It isn't the kind of place I'd want to stay for 3 WEEKS, let alone 3 years.

I can't sleep... I don't want to be awake, but this is keeping me awake... Like I said, if it only affected ME, it wouldn't make a difference... The reason why I didn't just call me dad when I was done was because I was expecting my sister to pick me up, and... she works down the walk way there... Eh, it doesn't really matter that much. I'm just done with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X