Something worth of appreciating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something worth of appreciating

I have seen that plenty of members are car enthusiast.
    I want to present you my friend Adam, which is 19 years of age and there's no thing that he wouldn't know about cars. He's about to study car mechanics and these things, but he has finished elementary car electrician school now.
    His father is very skilled car painter and varnisher (and plumber of course). As you can see on the pictures, the workshop is for painting and prepairing the cars (and also for other stuff). Just the value of the painting chamber is somewhere near half of the million USD. These guys (he and his father) know what their business.

Okay, he bought a Mercedes-Benz 190 1990 model year for (yeah, laugh) 100 bucks.
    The package included: totally wrecked MB car from the front side.

Since his love for big cars he decided to buy it for a project.
    It's 2.3 litre MB engine with 100 kw.
    What he did was first stripping the car.
    The front part was repaired. This project is running for about two months now and I am helping him, so yesterday we finally got the car running.
    It's not that he wouldn't know what's the problem, but the gas pump didn't want to start when the car was in the stand-by mode. So, the son of the guy that sold him the car, drove another MB car into their workshop to compesate his crashed MB with painting the bumpers on his MB. Okay, what we have found in his trunk (of course, you can only reach the screws of the bumper through the trunk) was the RELAY for gas pump for 190 model. So after being pissed off for a minute or two because he almost got screwed, we started celebrating with some good bagels (and plenty of beers after the work). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://underneath.ath.cx/temp/07.29.2004-010.JPG (from left to right: Adam, me)

Here are other pics:

http://underneath.ath.cx/temp/

I know it's not a muscle car, but it's worth of appreciation, since you have to keep in mind that every piece was done only by him. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I am only there to help him out.
    I see some **** good future in this damn good friend of mine.
    Just notice those lines and the sense for cars while looking at the engine (the only part that is done for now) and finished skeleton of the front side.
    I think there aren't so many and so true car lovers out there than he is. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Share opinions, please.

Re: Something worth of appreciating

Those aren't bagels, they are croissants!!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Nice work by the way. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Those aren't bagels, they are croissants!!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, the first thing I could remember and is made of dough were bagels. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I've never heard of croissants! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The 190 is a good little car. We dont find any on this side of the pond for 100 bones though.........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, the first thing I could remember and is made of dough were bagels. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I've never heard of croissants! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, don't worry, it's some stupid French name anyway. The non-French name is crescent roll. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Awh, ****, I mispelled the thing. It was 1000 USD, not 100. ****. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But keep in mind that 190's in mint condition sells for over 5000 and 6000 here.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, don't worry, it's some stupid French name anyway. The non-French name is crescent roll. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

>crescent roll

Now that sounds familiar! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X