Road Rage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Rage

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Guy gets beaten up for doing the speed limit. At least in Germany they are treating these kind of issues the way they should be. He might lose his driving privilages. Note: I said privilage, you know... what it is here but people tend to think it's a "right" and made for abusing. It'd be interesting if they took away our driving privilages a little faster [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]. Wonder what kind of changes we'd see in general driving behavior. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Edit: Grrr, the link won't work right, I paste the URL and everything looks right, until I say continue and then the URL gets changed and the board tries to install the "baby" emoticon into the URL [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]. Oh, well, here is the text copied and pasted. It is from Reuters "Oddly Enough" news.

Driver Beaten Up for Observing Speed Limit

Jul 30, 10:06 am ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German truck driver beat up a motorist he believed was driving too slowly in a case of 'road rage' in a country famous for having no limits on stretches of its motorways.
    The trucker got in a fight with a car driver who had been slowing him down by observing a 30 km-an-hour (18 mph) speed limit in a built-up area.

Police in the western town of Bochum said the truck driver told them he felt provoked by the motorist "because he was actually driving 30 kph in a 30 kph area." The trucker faces an investigation and may lose his driving license.

Re: Road Rage

HR, you can go to

http://tinyurl.com/

and make a shorter URL out of a long one, then post that.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The trucker should be locked in a mental institution for the rest of his life, and have a repeating message blared into his cell that says "The Posted Speed Limit is the FASTEST you are allowed to go, a$$hole!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You know, over here you go 35-40 when it says 30, 55-60 when it says 50 etc... that's just the way it is, even police couldn't care less [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        That truck driver really is a nut, though, good thing he's off the streets. There's already enough of a war going on on German streets [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

A couple years ago, there was a doctor here that followed an old lady off of the freeway and punched her in the face because she cut him off. They caught him, but I think they just hit him with an assault charge.
          I thought that any doctor that would punch a defenseless 80 year old woman should have his medical license pulled.
          Do no harm my ass...

Comment

That doctor should be given some kind of award or something....maybe name a street after him....orsomething like that. Ummmmm....I'm just kidding

Comment

Guns are awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Trying it again

Thanks Racerx [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  A couple years ago, there was a doctor here that followed an old lady off of the freeway and punched her in the face because she cut him off. They caught him, but I think they just hit him with an assault charge.
                  I thought that any doctor that would punch a defenseless 80 year old woman should have his medical license pulled.
                  Do no harm my ass...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the story, but he might have lost his medical license, too. That isn't something that the police can do to you. But after the assault conviction, the state licensing board may have pulled his medical license.

Having said that, let me quote the late Sam Kennison: "I'm not saying that I condone [violence], but let me just say that I know what turns Mr. Hand into Mr. Fist."

In my town, as much as I love our brothers from a particular state, let me just say that 99.9% of the dangerously asinine driving that I witness occurs in cars that have one state's license plates, and one state only. And it isn’t this state.

Keith
                  The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Actually if the sign says 30 I do 30, if it say 50 I do 50. That's why there's a Speed Limit.
                    There's one small town around here that has a Speed Limit of 31 on the sign. If you do 32, they'll bust your ass wide open [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Guns are awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      They are, but I prefer the big knife.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Actually if the sign says 30 I do 30, if it say 50 I do 50. That's why there's a Speed Limit.
                        There's one small town around here that has a Speed Limit of 31 on the sign. If you do 32, they'll bust your ass wide open [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably just a different mentality over here. Hell, our cars have better insurance than our children, if that doesn't say everything about it I don't know what does [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

This how we drive in America: Speed limit + 5-10 mph. Unless your in Detroit where you will HAVE to drive 90-95 MPH on the freeway with only 5-10 feet between you and the next car. Or Chicago where you will HAVE to drive 2 mph with 10 inches between you and the next car. Tekky I now know why you took the bus.

Comment

Working...
                          X