Doom 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doom 3?

Athlon (Barton core) 2500+, 512mb of DDR400 ram, and a GeForce FX 5200 (128mb) - the card that costs about $75, but is still a DX9 part.

I'm running at 800x600, on the 'lowest' visual quality setting, but even that setting still has lots of eye candy, like pixel shaders, turned on by default. Not choppy (yet) at this setting.

And without a doubt the best looking game I've ever seen or played. Period. Makes Far Cry look like ass, to me.

That enough info for ya Dave? Don't get me started on a geek fit! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

<font color="aqua">That's plenty bro, I appreciate the info! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I'm running it on a 1.8ghz, 256MB, geforce 3... probably around the minimum requirements since I have to keep everything on low, but still looks better than any game I've ever played. I'd recommend atleast 512 megs of ram and a 128mb video card.

Comment

Wow, I'm still using a 32MB video card from years ago... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">That's basically what I have Lev but I'm thinking it's time to go to at least a 2.6GHZ soon. </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

My roommate and I both picked up our own copies of the game today. Its the best first person shooter I've played in years. I got the same feeling from Doom 3 that I got from playing Half Life the first time. He played a bit of single player for a while while I half-watched (I was programming drums in fruity loops at the time) and then we started doing a multiplayer game over our network. I've not seen a multiplayer game that looks this good and performs so well. The lighting is AMAZING!

My system is just a 1.6 Athlon, and an aging GeForce 3 along with 512 of ram and it runs at the lowest setting yet its still total eye candy for me. No frame loss or anything.

Comment

So I finally finished the game on Normal skill level. Outstanding! Creepy, pretty, and a whole lot of damn fun (even though I died quite often [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). I'm not going to give my frazzled nerves a break though so I'm replaying it on Veteran skill. I tried Nightmare but I'm just not ready for that yet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

There are hilarious videos on the internet of this Scottish dude playing Doom3 and getting totally freaked out by it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you are wanting to use the flashlight and a weapon at the same time, look for the popular Duct Tape mod.

It's my brother who plays Doom3, not me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My dogs get freaked out by it. I have the sound up and they get scared. I can only play it for 10 or 15 minutes at a time before my Golden decides to try and get my hand away from the mouse. Great game.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      There are hilarious videos on the internet of this Scottish dude playing Doom3 and getting totally freaked out by it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the Scottish part, but the videos are probably of me! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
                      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

good looking but a boring game. i lost interest in it for a while, eventually picked it back up and finished it. i couldn't help thinking i'm playing half life all over again the whole time. the imp ass raping got old real fast. the cyberdemon goes down way to easily. hell did looked sweet though.
                        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Gotta admitt - I prefer Far Cry....

R

Comment

...And I still prefer Sierra's "SWAT 3: Close Quarters Battle" from four years ago... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But that's almost an entirely different kind of first-person shooter altogether.

Comment

Working...
                            X