Last day on the job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last day on the job

My now ex-manager is away because his grandmother passed away and my replacement is out on paternity leave so we all said our goodbyes a week ago. So I didn't think it was going to be a big deal today really. Ya know, people come and people go.

Well it was kind of sad. I've had a lot of great experiences with these folks and it's hard to just get up and walk away. The day was complicated because a realtor called about showing our house today and my wife was stuck in traffic in north Seattle because they closed a bridge today so I had to plan on leaving early today as well. So I'm scrambling to get my office cleaned up and my stuff outta there while people are stopping by to say bye and stuff. Finally the Explorer is packed up and the folks on my team guide me into an office and we all say goodbye, they gave me a nice card, we told stories, etc. I will miss working with them a lot. Then these nut jobs did something totally unexpected - they gave me a going away gift - a handheld GPS device that's also a full blown PalmOS PDA as well with all sorts of features. They decided they didn't think I'd make it all the way across the country without a little help.

What a great bunch of folks!

I should have hung out a bit longer with them because the realtor that came by was just "previewing" with a client. Srew that, please just show up with a large check and I'll give you the keys.

My wife and I will be going out to dinner with a bunch of them in a couple days before our road trip.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Last day on the job

Sounds like a great group of people. It must be hard up rooting yourselves and moving across the country like that. I hope everything goes according to plan.

Good luck with everything.

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Cool. Garmin iQue!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I still need to give you all that rg550 stuff, do you still want it??
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

crap, I've been so busy with stuff I totally spaced on that stuff. I never did get around to swapping pickups.

Are you gonna be around this weekend?
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Ya, if ya want to hook up, Sundays gonna be fukking insane with Seafair but tomarrow night shouldn't be bad. If you're around seattle center/Lake Union tomarrow I'm at work from 7:30-5:00
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
            X