California's secret SUV ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California's secret SUV ban

Ever see those "Trucks over 6,000 pounds prohibited" signs?
    Neither do SUVers!

http://slate.msn.com/id/2104755/fr/ifr/
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: California\'s secret SUV ban

Man, that guy just made a state full of enemies [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But he's right - if they can take the 6K tax break for using the vehicle for work, they should have to pay the commercial state taxes for tearing up the roads.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

CA is such a wacked out state... no offense to those of you that live there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

They would have about as much chance of enforcing that law on SUVS and they would enforcing pot laws on all our little doper friends. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Well, the state sure likes getting the sales taxes from those 50k SUVs, the gas sales taxes from them being filled up every other day... And if they are (like many do) using commercial truck tags, they pay even more to license the thing as the cost of that type of tag is per their weight.

The exploding SUV craze truly fuels the automotive industry nowdays. Most cheap cars are say around 10-17k, and most SUV are around 44k base for a cheap one, and considerably more for a luxury one.

Funny thing I often laugh at is, I drive a GMC Yukon, and so many people ask me about how I can stand the gas mileage and the size of it etc, and then half of them are getting into a Chevy 1500 or Dodge Ram pickup!! Those are the same size, but just have an (most always EMPTY) open bed instead a useful passenger compartment (that I truly use all the time).

Seems people think that since it's an "SUV" it takes more gas than its much much more than equally popular pickup truck counterpart? Never quite understand that really.

And if they wanna cry gas wasting, lets take a look at the recreational boating hobby... Now THAT is a waste of resources. Twin 454s running around a lake all day, geez... Friends of mine filling up their boats tanks to the tune of 600 dollars and burn it up that day. OMG!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            CA is such a wacked out state... no offense to those of you that live there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken! It IS a whacked out state.

I have been seriously thinking about relocating to Vegas.

Even Nevada is more normal than CA.

Comment

Oh yeah... great article BTW. I had no idea people were getting tax breaks like that!

Comment

Bet move out here quick then, Tony. Things are starting to get expensive here. All the Californians are moving here because cost of living is cheaper. Will not remain that way soon it if things keep going the way they are. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  But he's right - if they can take the 6K tax break for using the vehicle for work, they should have to pay the commercial state taxes for tearing up the roads.

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Amen!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

None taken!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Not like you'd notice anyways Ron...

Comment

Working...
                      X