Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there ever a convenient time to lose your job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there ever a convenient time to lose your job?

I swear to God, you can never have your job in danger at a convenient time.

One of my friends that moved to Alaska was having a really hard time, and I was trying to go see her. I thought to myself "hell, I've got a stable job, I'll be able to get my stuff outta the pawn shop in no time". It turns out that I was short on money for the bus ticket anyway, so pawning my gear only fu(ked me over.

Realizing that the trip is impossible, I use part of the money on other things that I needed thinking I'd be able to pay it all back in my next paycheck anyway. Then the car breaks entirely down. It's had problems before cancelling plans for new gear (sorry Djroba!), but it's never shot it's wad on me this bad. Without a car, I can't go to work so I'm in major danger of being fired. I've been bumming rides off of friends and parents which is very unreliable, and the worst part is that now It's going to be next to impossible to get my stuff back. Thank God it was my butt section of my rig, but that stuff's still important. They were my first guitars, Sh!tty as they were, they were my first.

Not a good month!

Any similair stories from ye?

Re: Is there ever a convenient time to lose your job?

[ QUOTE ]
    shot it's wad on me

[/ QUOTE ]

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It was intentional, yes.

Comment

I'd focus on getting the car fixed, or another car, before you lose your job for being late or absent. You'll be way worse off if you get fired; soon ALL your gear will be gone if that happens.

And Ron, I love ya bro, but sometimes you have to relent, man! Don't kick him when he's down!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear that man.

But to answer your question, the only convenient times to lose your job are:
          <li> When you win the lottery
          <li> When your Uncle Moneybags kicks the bucket and you're his favorite nephew or better yet, only living relative
          <li> When Joe Pimp determines that you'd make a great man-wh0re for his "stable"
          <li> When Ivana Trump says to you, "I vanna be your sugar-momma!"

Again, sorry to hear about your hard times, I hope that this at least brought a smile to your face. (now go look for Joe Pimp or Ivana Trump!)
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Good advice, that last part. I'd be all over that plan.

I think Lerxst nailed it though. Focus on the car issue as it bears more weight in the long run. Sorry to hear of your troubles.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
            X