Les Paul still playing gigs at 89 years old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul still playing gigs at 89 years old

Anybody in NYC ever catch his show at the Iridium?

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/2723432
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Les Paul still playing gigs at 89 years old

I thought he was sick a while back and wasn't playing for a few months. It's one of things that I always say I'm going to do but never get to it. I guess at 89, I should look at that a little more seriously.

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Dude rocks. Hope I'm still doin that when I am his age. Or maybe not...whatever.

Comment

89 years old and still playing around???!!

That's cool! I don't think I will be doing the same thing at that age, can't imagine that....
        I would be dead by mid 60's.
        [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

We all owe reverence and love to Les Paul as a musician and inventor. One of the inventors of the solidbody electric, the inventor of the echo chamber and multitrack recording. He is really the forefather of all rockers and metalheads by his accomplishments. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Heck, I'll be happy if I'm 89 and still breathing...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              We all owe reverence and love to Les Paul as a musician and inventor. One of the inventors of the solidbody electric, the inventor of the echo chamber and multitrack recording. He is really the forefather of all rockers and metalheads by his accomplishments. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I wish I could see him live, but video is cool too.

Comment

I thought the guy had passed away a long time ago already... because I never heared anything from him

Harrald

Comment

I went to see the show a while back, maybe 6 years ago. He signed the pick guard on my Les Paul, also a picture card. He also took the time to talk to everybody that desired too. Still plays incredibly. If you can I would catch the show. MAKE RESERVATIONS!

EJ

Comment

that guy IS fukkin amazing. i read in an article that he's playing with arthritis in both hands. thats incredible! he is the epitome of a guitar god!

Comment

Working...
                    X