No announcement yet.

What do you play when in a music store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you play when in a music store?

OK, you're going to your local guitar shop and want to try out that new axe/amp/FX/whatever. What song/riffs/etc do you usually play?

I do a variety of Slayeresque things, and usually try to remember all the riffs from Metallica's "No Remorse".

BTW I stole this topic from HC! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: What do you play when in a music store?

Always Unchained. Lack Of Communication, Dream Warriors, Dr. Feelgood, # of the beast, wild horses, My Michelle. Or just about anything that's on my mind. But Unchained is always on the mind. If that doesn't sound good on a guitar or amp, it's not for me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Some originals. Hurt. Seek and Destroy. Symphony of Destruction. Seven Faces. That kind of stuff.

Comment

i used to do a lotta' Rust in Piece. namely: Lucretia and Tornado of Souls. then throw in a few tracks offa' Master of Puppets and Slayer. ended with dif. Paganini pieces, sometimes one of my own: #24, #5, #7...

Comment

Bluesy licks, basic rock/metal riffs, strummed open chords, chicken pickin' patterns, and random trem-wanking noise to put the trem through its paces if a trem bar is available on the guitar. The other half of the time, I'm inspecting the gear closely, noting what I like and don't like about it.

Comment

Stairway to heaven, just slightly out of tune enough to destroy anyone elses concentration.

Comment

orig. stuff cause thats what i'm buying it for [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Cool question. Varies depending on what I've learned or been playing lately, but some old favorites are:

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
                Rebel Yell
                Black Dog
                In the Flesh

Comment

Besides originals;

Iron Man
                  Smoke on the Water ( [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
                  Back in Black
                  Ace of Spades

...That's about it, actually. My originals cover the clean stuff, and the more extreme stuff...

Comment

Satisfaction, Crazy Train, Stairway to Heaven...just kidding. I know you guitar store guys have heard every version under the sun of those songs.
                    I usually just play homemade bullshit. If some little punk is in the store making to much noise, I'll crank out the intro to Hot for Teacher, In my Dreams solo or something along those lines. Yesterday I was checking out a used early 80s jap fender. I played Fur Elise and the punk beside was trying to play some modern one fingered rock, his jaw dropped open and said dude that was a killer solo. All I could do was shake my head and smile.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I played Fur Elise

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh heh, I play that too!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

some part of Whitesnake "Bad boys", AIC "Them bone" to see how they would sound at lower frets.
                        Then I play some part of Van Halen "Eruption", Some Europe's solos(by Kee Marcello),Gary Moore and Lynch type soloing to see how it would sound at higher frets.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh yea, when I play Acoustic, I always play Stairway to heaven and More than words. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Stairway to heaven, just slightly out of tune enough to destroy anyone elses concentration.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I rarely rip out any lead licks, mainly because I know the guys behind the counter can wail and would probably fall over laughing. I'm more likely to just bang out some riffs: Gary Moore - Victims; Living Colour - Type, Middle Man, Solace of You, Leave It Alone; Crying in the Rain; Last in Line; Suicide Solution, Bark at the Moon

Acoustic, I'll play 30 minutes of the intro to Dust in the Wind. Everybody loves that. Or the intro to Tears in Heaven, make a mistake, start it again, rinse & repeat [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Wow, that's a long intro to that song, VitG! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] 30 minutes of chicken pickin'? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] That's actually the song I belt out when testing the chicken pickin' on new guitars.

Comment

Working...
                              X