Shadows Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadows Fall

Has anyone heard these guys? I just heard them for the first time on Uranium cable tv show along with the new ex-Pantera guys, Damage Plan video. I thought the music from Shadows Fall was kickass but what's with the friggin' "Cookie Monster" vocals?? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Same with Damage Plan. Enough already with that junk. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] I wish Dio was the singer for Shadows Fall! It would be 100 times better.

What is so appealing about that kind of...umm...whatever you call it type of singing? Thats why I can't leave the 80's behind. I honestly try but Geez, can't anybody sing anymore?? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Re: Shadows Fall

Pick up their album The Art of Balance... you'll love it! Brian can actually sing and doesn't just do the cookie monster vocals. He does a nice mixture of both kinds of singing, and the two guitar players also do the growly-type background vocals at times. Aweomse band, you really should should check more into them. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I feel your pain. I saw Damageplan in June and Pat's vocals were irritating after a couple of songs. I like the music on Shadows Fall, but I can't stand the singer.

Dio singing for Shadows Fall? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I wish Dio was the singer for Ozzy. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I'll check into some of the non cookie monster stuff then, Well, at least I'm not the only one who hates the growling crap. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Yeah if Dio or Halford was their singer, I'd buy all their albums ASAP!!!!! The guitars Rock!

Comment

I used to hate cookie monster vocals at first too, being more a fan of classic metal, but grew to like it enough. It's just aggression. Now I listen to bands that have clean vocals, bands that growl, and bands that do BOTH with one or more vocalists. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

growls are required in any non-classical music I listen to nowadays. growls, screeches....blood curdles. yes yes.

Comment

I'm interested to see how Shadows Fall develops - they sure show a lot of promise. I do hope that they move away from the cookie monster-style vocals, too. I can only take very limited doses of that style.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I've actually gotten so I prefer growled vocals to clean ones in most metal.

Comment

They've got some good ****...I've got 2 discs...can't remember which ones....
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

Great band. If you like them, check out LAMB OF GOD.

Comment

of one blood is the SF album I prefer. The guitarist...also sings clean vocals as well, better than Brian does IMO. I'm not too fond of his vocals actually, his growls are weak. And their tone leaves alot to be desired. They use a **** MArshal Mode 4 of all things unholy.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I've actually gotten so I prefer growled vocals to clean ones in most metal.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Me too. I'm not sure when it happened either, it just did. I seen Shadows Fall last week in OKC, and it was a great show. I really like them. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I grew up with the drummer (Jason) and have been in many bands with him since we were like 13! About 2 months ago I heard the new Shadow's Fall and all I can say is HOLY ****!!!!!!!!

I promise you will NOT be disappointed.........

Comment

I love the singing in Shadows Fall. I hope they get a little more aggressive on the next one, some of the Maiden/Priest inspired stuff on Art of Balance I could live without. They are better when they are heavier.

I like bands that mix both styles of singing like Opeth, Soilwork, etc. The operatic style of singing (Maiden. Priest, Helloween, etc.) has been done to death, I hope it never comes back. I loved it back in the 80's when I was a teen, but metal belongs underground, not on the pop charts.

Comment

I insist on doing both kind of vocals ...the growls do kick the music in the ass at times..

Plus Shadows Fall and the one you have mentioned are in the Death Metal genre ....that's what Death Metal is ....it growls....no matter how popular it's gotten.

I love Dio but I don't want everything to sound like Dio ...sometimes I'm not in the mood for Powermetal at all.

The dude in Shadow Falls does his job very nicely in the death metal community...he's not bad.

If COB had clean vocals it wouldn't be COB..it would be prog power metal.

It's a matter of taste and style mostly.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X