Shadows Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shadows Fall

Thank You Jimmy .....that was quick.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OK , I'm headed over to the Century Media sight to buy a new Batch of Metal .. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'll AMEN that, the 90's to me sucked ass. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] At least alot of my fav bands are coming back.

Comment

I hated the hell out of the death vocals at first. Eventually I got used to it, and then liked it. I much prefer a mix, though. Rasp style death vocals like COB and Lamb of God sometimes gets tiresome for me.
        I could not give up the heaviness and aggression now though, a song like Idle Hands (Shadows Fall) is amazing; metal at it's best. It would grow on you over time, I am sure of it.
        The black/death metal scene kept metal alive though, through the early 90's, this has to be kept in mind, like it or not.

And: AMEN!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ..."The Gathering" album is one of my all time faves..

[/ QUOTE ]

That album surprised the crap out of me.I thought Testament was washed up and gone. The Gathering was so amazing, what a nice surprise, it was even better than the Legacy. It gave me hope that maybe Metallica, Megadeth etc. could turn it around. This is not the case. I think it's funny that Anthrax (who I gave up on many years ago) can write a tune like 'What Doesn't Die' in 2003 and it's better than anything Metallica/Megadeth have done in years.

Comment

SF...buds of mine. Hang with 'em everytime they are down this way (NJ/NYC area) I was developing a guitar with Matt [Bachand] before he signed up with Ibeenhad. Jon still loves his Washburn N4's (sigh). Oh..the new stuff they are about to release is killer also! If you dug "Of One Blood"...this new release sounds like it could've picked up where that left off!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I think Testament got better when Chuck Billy started Growling ..."The Gathering" album is one of my all time faves..

[/ QUOTE ]Chuck's always done the growl, it just got more prominent through the years. Not only is he a great singer with a melodic voice (when he wants to), but he is the best at the growling death metal stuff. Best death metal vocals ever!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The Gathering and Demonic get pretty constant rotation in my cd player! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Of course there is always hordes of bands that try to jump on the band wagon to whatever is popular and they don't have the musical abilty to do so ...then we get hordes of sucky bands that do suck..

[/ QUOTE ]
                That's how Nevermore was created... when the other guys in Sanctuary decided that since they were from Seattle and the grunge scene was taking off from there in the early '90s, they wanted to do that. But Warell, Jim and Jeff decided no way, let's go heavier! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Best move ever!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm into older Testament and my favorite song is Practice what you Preach. I know they're heavier now but that song is more MY style of heavy. Chuck's vocals weren't cookie monster or growling but rather just "Vocals with Balls!" That I like. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My favorite off that album was Envy Life, followed by Greenhouse Effect. I liked the solo a lot in Practice What You Preach. I saw them 2x on that tour, and met them at the montreal show. Chuck Billy seemed like he was 6" taller than me, and I'm tall. Alex was pretty big too.

Comment

Chuck Billy rules....and on the Gathering so did the Almighty James Murphy and Lombardo ...oh Steve Digiorgio too..

I had lunch with Steve at the airport when he was with Testament...he's even better than I thought ...we exchanged a few riffs.

Nevermore has to be one of my very favorite bands.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

jeff loomis never was in Sanctuary. Just Warrell and Jim.

Nevermore, OPeth and now..Zyklon...those are the 3 bands that shock and awe me the most nowadays. They **** rule.

Comment

Shadows Fall is awesome... I have their new album which comes out soon, and the singing is definitely much better as is the overall production.

Comment

I wish I saw the Headbangers Ball tour with SF, KSW, and LOG. All 3 of those bands kick! My friend saw em in Pittburgh and said they all put on a helluva show.
                            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              jeff loomis never was in Sanctuary. Just Warrell and Jim.

Nevermore, OPeth and now..Zyklon...those are the 3 bands that shock and awe me the most nowadays. They **** rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loomis never recorded with Sanctuary but he was apart of the last line up of the band and even toured as a member of Sanctuary.
                              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Loomis was the main runner up for Vicious Rumors and Megadeth. His "looks" at the time didn't get him the gig at the time . For those who knows what Jeff looks like he's very young lookin' ....especially ten years ago.

and since we are name droppin' ...this band has been one of my favorite Swedish Thrash in the last few years next to Terror 2000 / Demention Zero / Soilwork / Darkane / Forsaken....and anyone who likes Lamb of God ...>>Callenish Circle<< ...I have their last one "My pleasure your pain" on now ....awesome stuff.. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Drip you'll like this ..

Comment

Working...
                                X