Fekkin' WASP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fekkin' WASP

Just back home from their cancelled show [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] in Ottawa. They cancelled last night in Montreal, because the stage wouldn't support the weight of his 1000 lb. spine and skull mike stand. It was a sellout show, and the club offered them more money to play with just a regular mike stand, but Blackie dicksucker Lawless pouted and no show.

Now tonight they cancel here because they didn't like the club specs, layout and so forth. Which probably means ticket sales sucked. **** them.

For a band that is probably pretty lucky they can still scrape any living whatsoever and have any fan base at all, they aren't too bright. They weren't exactly the best the 80's had to offer.

Lamb of God cancelled here recently, although a friend of mine was handling the show and told me they would only do the show if it was a sellout, since it was an unplanned side trip on their US tour and was out of the way for them. It was obvious early on that it wouldn't sell out, so no surprise there. Not really a metal town here I tell ya.

Joey Bellandonna's band is supposed to be playing here soon. Tickets have been on sale for a month, and my friend told me not one single ticket has sold for it yet [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We need some good bands here, it's been pretty dry for a while now.

Re: Fekkin\' WASP

I have read the news about this they cancelled last night's show.
    They said it was a sold out show but they cancelled it.
    The promoter who booked the show at wrong venue is the one to blame.

Comment

maybe they have a thing against canada? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry to hear about the show. I been pretty lucky when it comes to that. The only show I been to where the an act cancelled out was back in 1986 in San Antonio. It was an Yngwie amd ELP show. The show got moved to a smaller venue (Majestic Theater for those in San Antonio) for some reason and Yngwie got pissed and cancelled out. Though he was the reason I went to the show ELP put a great act! Keith Emerson did some crazy things I never thought possible with a piano. Had 4th row center aisle seats. I was hearing impaired for days. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Talking about cancelled shows, I had some.
          Deep Purple(w/Joe Lynn Turner) with Winger/Vixen at Irvine,Rod Stewart at Sports Arena, Van Halen at L.A. Forum(Balance tour),Another Van Halen('s Monsters Rock) at L.A. Memorial(well the first show tickets moved to the second show),Alice Cooper at L.A. Forum...
          I hate it especially you find out about it at the venues..

Comment

I have the same problem with MSG. Everytime I have ever tried to catch one of their shows, they cancel at the last minute. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] They're going to be in town at the end of the month. So, we'll see if I actually get to see them this time. If they keep with tradition, they'll cancel.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              We need some good bands here, it's been pretty dry for a while now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need mor FANS there - bands won't play where there's no fans. I wouldn't.

Still, that sucks about Blackie cancelling over a mic stand. Maybe he should invest in a lighter model [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
              Maybe Chris Holmes should kick his ass. I'd pay to see that.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

...beacause of what we did to the Baldwins, right? You yanks really need to let that go. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  maybe they have a thing against canada? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

...beacuse of what we did to the Baldwins, right? You Yanks really need to let that go. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[quote
                    You need mor FANS there - bands won't play where there's no fans. I wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that's it actually. Metallica is here soon, and will probably sell out, but less visible bands have a harder time of it here. Maybe WASP did have decent tik sales here...not really sure. their reasons for cancelling are pretty freakin' lame though.

Comment

Its not a lack of fans. I remember seeing Wasp with Armoured Saint and Metallica in Ottawa back in 82 or 83. They were still rather unknown back then, but that didnt stop them from playing in this obscure city tucked way down there..........

Comment

I'm not sure what the tik sales were like for WASP last nite. They were probably decent actually.I was grumpy about the whole situation, and so was Barrymores. The band just sucked out of the show, and left everyone hanging. I bet the Montreal fans are f**kin thrilled.

I find the city a bit fickle for metal. Definitely far less metal bands are coming through, than there used to be, and there's no shortage of bands. I saw a zillion bands here in the 80's. Far less bands are willing to stop here between Montreal and TO anymore, even though it's an easy stop. Something changed here it seems.

Comment

It shouldn't matter if ticket sales are low for any show. Cancelling for that reason or for a stupid mic stand or whatever is NO excuse for ANY band to treat their loyal fans like that. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] Without the fans, there would be no bands, no music and they would all be blue collar workers like most of us. Unless a musician is deathly sick, bands should be more than happy to play anywhere for their fans who travel and pay their hard earned money to see them. Some bands are lucky to still be touring!!!!!!! I would play my heart out whether it was for big bucks or gas money! Thats what its all about for me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I have the same problem with MSG. Everytime I have ever tried to catch one of their shows, they cancel at the last minute. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] They're going to be in town at the end of the month. So, we'll see if I actually get to see them this time. If they keep with tradition, they'll cancel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, MSG has cancelled three times on me but he/they did manage to play in SD twice in the last six months. The shows at the end of the month are with Uli Roth, should be killer. I've got tix for the HOB/Hollywierd and for SD. Too bad they are on Thursday/Tuesday and not on the weekend.

Comment

I'll bet that promoter is really going to bend over backwards to put on a WASP show during the next tour after being screwed over so badly on this one...

Ultimately, WASP is only hurting themselves by doing this.

As far as cancelled shows that affected me, I can only remember one--Black Sabbath at the Portland Memorial Coliseum in 1984 on the Born Again tour. Ticket sales were bad, but I think the whole last part of the tour was cancelled when Gillan decided to rejoin Deep Purple.

Comment

Working...
                              X