Need some ideas on a name....read on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some ideas on a name....read on

Since Kerry (my gf) and I can't decide on a girls name that we like for the baby, we're reaching out to everyone for some ideas. We already have 4 boys names that we're settled on and will pick from, but still can't come up with a girls name. Her middle name will definitely be Karinne (after Kerry's mom who has passed several years ago)...but we're not stuck on that for a first name. If nothing else...it will be humorous to hear some of the ideas thrown at us from here. So give us some ideas folks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Need some ideas on a name....read on

Josylin, Emma, or Sixx for a girl

Slash for a Boy

I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Eddie Van for a boy

Kamilia for a girl

Comment

I've always been partial to Michelle & Samantha should the shot fail us again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Amanda, Melissa or Amy are pretty nice and aren't so "in vogue" right now.

Of course, I made the following suggestions to my sister-in-law for her daughter and these got shot down:

Gertrude, Beatrice, Ethel and Agnes.
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Thumbelina G. Warrior. Oh wait, that was the guy in Celtic Frost! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Funny, we had exactly the opposite problem. The wife and I agreed to several girls names quickly, but couldn't agree on much for boys. Here's some of the top contenders we had:

Alexandra
              Erin
              Mehgan
              Carolyn

Comment

I like the old European names:
                Girl: Beata, Marika, Kinga, Amita.....
                Boy: Thor, King, Kannouth, Ingo, Wolfgang, Ludwig.....

Or how about the muppet names: Kermit, Fozzy, etc. It worked for Mr. and Mrs. Jackson.........

Comment

I always had the idea if I ever am lucky enough to find someone who likes me enough to start a family with me I'd like to call my daughter aurelie (french name)

harrald

Comment

I voted for Dakota, which my wife rejected. (I figured any chick named Dakota would a) be cool, and b) kick yer ass.)

We agreed on Gabriella, then it was a boy. So Ethan it was.

Keith
                    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I like to give my kids a unique twist...something that sticks out. My girls name is Jazz.....some other thoughts:

Jaxx ( Yes.....for a girl)
                      Brynn
                      Lissa
                      Brittany
                      Aimee

And....if you are not set on her middle name.....you can always name her something that will be more common when she learns to walk and gets into stuff:

Dammit Getawayfrommyguitar
                      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

My son's name is Ethan too, and my husband's name is Keith. Interesting.

When we couldn't come up with any boy names for our first born, we had a girl. And when we couldn't come up with any girl names for our second born, we had a boy. That's as far as our luck has gone.
                        So maybe you're having a boy anyway! Was that confusing?

For girl names, how about : Caroline, Susannah, Amber or Joan

Good luck and Congrats!

Em

Comment

Thanks doods!...some interesting ideas here! Absolutely!
                          Joe...I knew I could count on you for a joke! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Well I think I can narrow this down a bit. The little lady and I have been partial to Celtic-type names (since we are both Irish)
                          The boys names we have so far, that we are pretty set on are:
                          Kaden (or Caden...haven't decided on which spelling we like more)
                          Ryan
                          Brendon
                          and Kyle (maybe not so Celtic-sounding)

Can't name her Susannah for 2 reasons Em...LOL!
                          That's my ex's name, and Kerry's middle name (Suzanne)
                          But I like Caroline, and Amber!

Some other noteworthies here that I like the sound of are
                          Aurelie (nice one Harrald!)
                          Erin and Meghan are obvoius runners-up for the Celtic influence...thanks shreddermon!

Lou...also like your set of names!...LOL! (esp the middle name!)

Keep 'em coming bruthas!! and thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I voted for Dakota, which my wife rejected. (I figured any chick named Dakota would a) be cool, and b) kick yer ass.)

We agreed on Gabriella, then it was a boy. So Ethan it was.

Keith

[/ QUOTE ] Would her middle name be North, South, or Dodge? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] What ever the name is, you have to be able to sing it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I have always liked...

Samantha (Sam)
                              Maxine (Max)
                              Vikki
                              Jessica (Jessie)

Good luck picking a name and Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X