Well, sh!t.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well, sh!t.

Best wishes to you with the storm. My wife and I nearly caught in a hurricane in St. Thomas back in 1995 and I remember how un-fun that was.

Batten down the hatches and stay safe down there.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

STay safe, brutha. We're thinking of ya.

Comment

I lived here for Hurricane Georges in 1998:

The waterline was about 11" inside.

My wife had sat out Andrew, so she made us put everything we owned into waterproof tubs and set it all about 3' off the ground. We even put our bed on 4 big overturned buckets, and our couch up on crates.

Nothing was lost. Not a thing. God bless her.

We didn't have power for two weeks, but (no kidding) after we had cleaned up (no small chore) I caught lobster in the canal in our 'backyard' and cooked them on our gas grill. Could have been worse.

Losing power is the worst.

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Califoria has quakes, Kansas has tornadoes and we have hurricanes in the Southeast. You'll get clobbered by something anywhere you go, and if you find the place that doesn't have terrestrial disasters, that's where the meteor will hit.

Board up your windows and tie your swingsets down, Florida brothers and sisters! Stay safe!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Cool map! Your house looks so lonely! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

And big [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But it's got tons of beachfront property [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

VG - dunno what's up with the poop, but The Ring well cracked me the hell up! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith

Comment

"well, sh!t"? bah, nevermind. Bad joke [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Oh my god.

That is so terrible, it is brilliant. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Keith

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That is sick!

Still laughing @
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

VitaminHomoGstring? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X