No announcement yet.

Things you wish were urban legends ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you wish were urban legends ...

... that aren't. "WTF?!??!" is about all I have to say to this one. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Things you wish were urban legends ...

Wow. F'd up for sure.

Comment

That is a sad way to go.

Comment

Man, that is very very sad. I don't understand how people can wind up like this. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] Yikes! That really is sad. I don't understand it either. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

That's how i want to go.

Comment

"Ah wash muhself with a rayg onna stick!"

Hmmm, not too many details, ie, what was the cause of death?

It's already being discussed on the Snopes board.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Snopes board? Are you a member there? Do you do the final proofreading for errors before they publish the articles on their website? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nice Bart Simpson quote too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

"Emergency workers had to remove some sliding glass doors and lift the couch, with Grinds still on it, to a trailer behind a pickup truck. Removing her from the couch would be too painful, since her body was grafted to the fabric. After years of staying put, her skin had literally become one with the sofa and had to be surgically removed." [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

There are lots of potential jokes here, but someone's death isn't really all that funny, is it? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

It said that the cause of death was morbid obesity. I'm betting it was more than likely heart failure cause by being so overweight. My wife is a nurse and I hear stories like this almost daily. The thing is, even with a glandular problem an average sized women really wouldn't get much over 200 pounds with proper diet and exercise. You have to TRY to get that fat.

Comment

It's hard to understand how someone could let herself get so large and so far gone without getting help. And the guy she's living with - how could he not see the trouble see was developing? I suppose there has to be some kind of mental disorder(s) involved, but that is so sad and senseless. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Honestly, mental issues. That is the biggest reason why people get so fat. Eating is a coping mechanism for whatever problems they don't think they can handle.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            There are lots of potential jokes here, but someone's death isn't really all that funny, is it? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Ya. It is sad. There are plenty of other places to joke off. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The skin growing in to the couch did it for me Bleaahhhh

I'd say the guy maybe should have been somewhat concerned after maybe a year of her not moving from the same spot??

The guy is obviously mentally ill or something. Just hanging around for six years business as usual while someone rooted to the couch and pooped themselves day in day out? With children around? On the slim chance he isn't menatlly ill, yeah I'd say negligence charges are in order.

Comment

Working...
                              X