Wow, Phoenix Arizona is Nazi Land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Phoenix Arizona is Nazi Land?

Is the stuff that REALLY happens there?? This is pretty sickening. Like a police state... Sherrif Joe ehh? Sigh.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/issue...l/1/index.html

Re: Wow, Phoenix Arizona is Nazi Land?

Arpaio's always been a little on the heavy-handed side but this article is a pure hit-piece from someone who has an axe to grind with the him and the MCSD. There aren't too many ways to spin a story that this one hasn't already been spun.

And I should add that the New Times has been grinding this axe for years and they're VERY far to the left (i.e., anti-police). E.g., a few years ago there was a string of arsons committed against homes being built at the edge of a natural area. The New Times was contacted by and portrayed in a very sympathetic manner (as they're doing here) the eco-terrorists / serial arsonists who objected to new homes being built on formerly undeveloped land. They then proceeded to refuse to help the police locate the perps. Many pounds of salt are required before taking anything they print at face value, particularly if both major local dalies took a pass.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

"This comes on the heels of last November's botched prostitution raid where Arpaio's bozo posse men got naked and, in some cases, had sexual relations with hookers -- leaving Maricopa County Attorney Rick Romley little choice but to throw out the cases."

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

YetAnotherOne, I'm not surprised. That article seemed very unprofessional, even for an op-ed kinda deal. Even if the info contained within is only partially true, though, that still was an awful thing that happened.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]Yeah, that definitely sounds like an informed piece. Whatever. Obviously an opinion article and I don't buy 1/2 of what's in it. This guy (writer) believes whatever he's told by the people being arrested, yet nothing the SWAT team says. Real impartial. I strongly doubt anybody could get away with what he's (Sheriff Joe) supposedly getting away with in a major metropolitan area like that. I could see it *maybe * possible at a much higher political level, but come on. Maybe the dipshit in the attic should have just come out in the first place eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It does sound a bit like Biased Media reporting ...it has a very blatant left wing slant to it...IMO

But I once saw that same effectfull Police tactic practiced once on that ol' show "Sledgehammer"...
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

SLEDGEHAMMER! That show was a riot. It is available on DVD now if you are interested.

Comment

I loved it when he blew up a building to get a suicidal jumper off the roof... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's hilarious! Friggen New Times...must be nobody to interview about being abducted by aliens today...complete and utter BS.
                  Sheriff Joe makes sure if you go to jail, you don't want to come back. Is that so bad? More cities need someone like him if you ask me.
                  But please don't believe anything you read in the New Times.

Comment

Sheriff Joe makes sure if you go to jail, you don't want to come back.

Amen Chuck. I spent 6 years in the Phoenix area and I'm a *big* fan of Sheriff Joe. Without him that city would be LA in five years or less.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

The Sledgehammer DVD is some funny stuff! Watched a few tonight and I forgot most of these shows (I do remember the really funny parts). Early 1987 and he drops the line "Its Hammer Time".

Why did this 'reporter' focus so much of the article on the dog?

Comment

Jim - The dog is the emotional hook, that'll suck the average New Times reader in. Having had friends who had pit bulls (note that we on page 1 hear about a "puppy", a few pages later hear about a "pit bull puppy", and only a few pages after that do we hear about a "10 month old pit bull puppy" which is, of course, hardly a puppy at all) if a 10 month old pit bull charged out of a burning buliding towards me I'd shoot it, or smash it upside the head with a bat, or, if it were the only thing I had handy, I'd discharge the fire extinguisher towards it to discourage it. And I love dogs.

I do enjoy the New Times though, reading it is like taking a clinical course in how to write emotionally appealing propaganda. They're always good for a laugh. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool, I noticed a definite vendetta there in the story but had to ask people who live there. It just seemed overzealous, and probably overstated.

[ QUOTE ]
                          if a 10 month old pit bull charged out of a burning buliding towards me I'd shoot it, or smash it upside the head with a bat, or, if it were the only thing I had handy, I'd discharge the fire extinguisher towards it to discourage it. And I love dogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it sure sounds like you love dogs [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]. Obviously you don't know much about them. 82 percent of Pitbulls, actually pass the American Temperement Test ATTS and in the upper percentile as well and that is higher percentage than most dog breeds, particularly some of the most common ones that people just love. This show a VERY very stable temperement for pitbulls.

You yourself are a victim of the media BS and have been media terrified of what was the classic American companion dog (Petie of the little rascals, the Buster Brown dog, the Warner Brothers Dog etc). Not to say that there aren't a lot of bad ones out there that have been improperly bred or handled to the point where they're danfgerous liability. But, I assure you that one that runs from a fire extinguisher, isn't a threat. A 10 month old pittie is also unlikely to be a threat as well, they really don't mature till 18-24 months.

Ohwell.

Thanks for the input guys! Takes a heavy hand to keep the scum in line, I agree for sure.

Comment

Yeah as a beat cop in the hood I could honestly say the Rotts and Pitts get a bad rap . I feel for the poor animals who are bread by those primates just for a life of abuse and neglect.

We need Sheriff Joe in the hood to curb such practices.

Sheriff Joe fuggin' rules ...

Please John , post more good news about Sheriff Joe ...It's a real pick me up. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The dog served a dual purpose. Besides tugging the heatstrings, it also symbolizes Sheriff Joe's love of animals and the irony of the fact that his SWAT team killed the dog.

The article points out that Sheriff Joe founded an organization to save pets, and that the pets are housed in air-conditioned buildings while the prisoners are housed in tents in the desert, without AC. I would say that besides comfort concerns, many prisoners
                              could well die in the Arizona desert heat which is often over 110 degrees. Of course they don't have money to build more jails wth AC right now either. Can't just let criminals
                              run free either way, which LA does and which is why LA is a shithole. Get 6 months in LA County Jail and you probably won't do 30 days.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X