Speaking of the caped crusader....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of the caped crusader....

They've been filming Batman Begins here in Chicago. From what I've heard, a substantial portion of the movie is set here in Chicago. It's wierd to see a Chicago Police squad car next to the Gotham Police squad cars and SWAT vans.
    Occupy JCF

Re: Speaking of the caped crusader....

I'm pretty unsure about that movie. They did a good job of ruining the Batman franchise a few years ago. I'll probably rent it, though.

Comment

The trailer looks good. It doesn't seem like the Velveeta on celluloid that the others became.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

the trailer's out? is it online?

i think the new batman will be similar to the good ones. which is a nice change.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

the guy from American Psycho i heard was playing Batman, good fit, good role. can't remember guy's name though, ah well.

Sully- yeah, the trailer's out. there's one apparently in Catwoman. i haven't seen it or anything, but i'd assume it's online. i'll check. UPDATE: here ya' go chief, enjoy.

Comment

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?id=1808...hv&cf=info
            Occupy JCF

Comment

His name is Christian Bale and years ago when I was in High Shool and American Psycho came out I was running around telling all my friends that he would be the perfect Batman. I was ignored though because I'm a complete Batman nut (you can quiz me).

I have nothing confidence in Chris Nolan as director, his movies Memento and Insomnia have such a powerful tone and darkness to them (even the scenes in the day!) that I have no doubt he's going to do right by Batman.

It's was also written by David Goyer, the guy who wrote/directed the first Blade movie so we know this dude rules. He's also borrowing liberally from Frank Miller's Batman:Year One book (a true classic).
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

jedi...in Gotham city?

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page04.html

Comment

I've seen some behind the scenes shots and video shot by some fans. Seems like this one won't be a clusterfuck like all the past Batman movies.

What gets me about comic book movies is you have an established myth, then the movie studios completely change everything about it. The Joker did not kill Batman's parents!!!

Comment

THis movie needs to be dark. Really dark. From the trailer, it looks like they're on the right track. Can't wait to see it.

Jim
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I just realized something about my statement in the first post...

[ QUOTE ]
                      From what I've heard, a substantial portion of the movie is set here in Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's set partially here in Chicago, why the Gotham PD vehicles???
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

They are filming Gotham in London, New York and Chicago. All three cities will be cut together to create the look needed instead of using sets that don't seem quite real like all the previous movies. I think it's a really cool idea, NY and London have a lot in common architecturally except a lot of nidtown (NY) has a lot of art deco/noir leanings hence they filmed a lot of stuff here in mid town a couple months ago.
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Well, I do know that they've done a lot of shooting on Lower Wacker Dr.** here in Chicago. It is said that when scouting locations, they liked Wacker so much that they wrote scenes specifically for it. There's lights all over the block where my office building is. Maybe my office will end up in Batman.

**Wacker Dr. is a double-decker street that runs along the Chicago River. It is one of the main east/west arteries through downtown. Lower Wacker accesses most of the sub-levels of the buildings that align the street. It has a very cave-like atmosphere. You'll definitely remember it from The Blues Brothers, they filmed quite extensively there.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                          X