The Charley Comes To Town Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Charley Comes To Town Thread

OK folks, check in here so we know you made it! WE can use this thread to keep track of our bros and sis's on the JCF as the storm moves through our areas and on up the coast [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm at the north end of Tampa Bay waiting for the storm to roll in. It's 4:00 am and I'm wrapping up my gear and belongings. The bikes are locked up in the shop and I think we are gonna try and ride it out with the family and our critters (3 dogs and 2 cats). Maybe I should have bought a boat instead of another Harley [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: The Charley Comes To Town Thread

Oh man, When is it suppose to get here?

Comment

Should start feeling it around 2:00 pm.

Comment

Good luck, Tampa dudes!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Frankencat, your city will have a floodplain map on its website. Check to see if the storm surge is expected in your area. If it is, GET
          OUT ASAP!!

I lived through Camille in 1969. 143 people died, most along the coast who thought they could ride it out. The storm surge drowned them. Don't die protecting your gear, is all I'm saying; safety has to come first.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It's supposed to track up the east coast and arrive in the PA/NJ/NYC area by Sunday morning. But by then, it will have been over enough land where it should've weakend enough to be just some showers and wind.

Sit tight, and keep us posted all of those who are in it's path! Good luck riding it out!

Comment

I'm just north of Tampa, boarding up windows and taking pictures of gear. Getting out of the house tonight since we're surrounded by 60ft. pine trees, a lot more worried about wind than water. The part that really sucks is that I was supposed to be in the keys this week! Stupid storm... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

We're locked down and 'ready.' Take care, JCF doods.

Keith
                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Well, folks, it is 1pm EST, and maybe some good news for all of you in Tampa: looks like this beyatch has turned EXACTLY TOWARD MY HOUSE. We'll see. I hate preparing for a storm and then having it turn away. You oughta get your money's worth, ya know?

Cheers,
                  Keith

Woo hoo! Category 3!
                  The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

They just said it may get to cat 4 before landfall, and should hit between Naples & Ft. Myers. Hoping for the best for you, Keith, and everybody in Fla!

Comment

Well here we go. Rain just started and wind is starting to pick up a little. Looks like it took a slight turn to the east which puts us away from the surge thank God. Keith man, looks like you are gonna get the brunt of it. Hang in there bud. Prayers out to you. -Frank

Comment

I'm in WPB. Nothing here, a little wind no rain yet. Be safe and dry everyone.
                        www.kiddhavok.com
                        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

that's right , some of you dicks are over there ....hold on tight and hold yer breath...

Good luck ..."never let go Rose..."

Keep us posted .... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            ..."never let go Rose..."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah..I see the correlation between a huge iceberg in the North Atlantic and a Catagory 4 hurricane on the Western Shores of Florida [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

That was funny tho...I have to give ya that [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Er... in both cases you're kinda fukked? I see the connection pretty well, but then I have lived through a Category 5 (Camille) and whether you're hanging onto the top branches of an oak tree trying not to get washed out into the sea, or trying not to go under in the icy North Atlantic, I'd say the fukkedness of the situations is aout equal. And both involve water. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X