Man, I just got banned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, I just got banned!

Don't go poking around on the bill lawrence forum (wilde gate or whatever it is). I went there and started asking some questions about thier pickups and made a comment about how confusing the whole "I'm Bill Lawrence" thing is and bam! Banned. That nocaster guy is...well..forgive my language but the only word I can think of to describe him is "a--hole".

Beware, if you have an opinion that does not match his you might as well just not even bother. He will inflict his ultimate and powerful judgement on you and you will be damned (LOL).

Well there's one set of pickups I won't be buying, hehe. Why are people so stupid?

Peace,
    Frank [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Man, I just got banned!

And you guys think we are bad.....
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Hey Frankencat, batten down the haches and head for high ground. Hurricanes are not to be trifled with!

What EXACTLY did you say? A "comment" can be many different things.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

There are lots of forums like that. The worst is a particular Fender forum, which I will not name. Not only do you get banned if you diss Fender, but sometimes you can get banned for saying something on a whole different forum.......Just ask our very own JimiD who was banned because he said something the admin didnt like, but he said it on an entirely different forum...........

Comment

I was inquiring about BL L-250 pickups of which there are apparently 2 versions: a single blade version made by Bill Lawrence Products and a dual-blade version made by Bill Lawrence Design. The latter according to them is the only "real" Bill Lawrence but he doesn't make them any more. the other ones are still made and get good reviews and he apparently designed them back in the 80's or something. They don't answer emails so you can't ask questions directly. Anyway, I said that I was thinking of trying the single blade ones as sold by Torres and others and that they got good reviews and BAM - banned! Subsequent follow ups were met with verbal abuse from the moderator who said I was "malicious", a "trouble-maker", and that he "didn't have time for me". I guess he doesn't like people who have opinions other than his. Oh well, you see one dictator you've seen them all. It just makes me appreciate this place all the more [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I have to agree, that sounds pretty draconian, banning you for saying you were going to buy a pickup he didn't approve of.
            Too bad people don't realize open dialogue can only improve their forums.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Man, that's stupid. What an idiot. It's too bad. I wonder if BL shares his thoughts. I've spoken to Bill and Becky on the phone and they both seemed like very level headed people to me.

AHH. Who cares. It is only the BL forum. It's not like you got banned from here.

F### em!

Jim
              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Exactly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think they've let the whole 2 Bill Lawrence company thing taint them. I'm not a big fan of their attitudes.

Comment

I have had no problems with the FDP. I have pushed the boundaries a few times over there as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X