It's Official. Wes Borland is back in Limp Bizkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It\'s Official. Wes Borland is back in Limp Bizkit

you want shred ...don't go to Tremonti...jeez I could do better (shoot me if I can't)!!!

No ...shred belongs to Jeff Loomis , Olaf Lenk , Zakk , Magnus Karlsson , Satch , Vai , YJM , Macalpine , Howe , Freidman , Petrucci , Uli , .. I could sit here and name a thousand more....

...Tremonti doesn't make the cut ...sorry!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

PS ...he's a fag!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Re: It\'s Official. Wes Borland is back in Limp Biz

Oh, I didn't mean to put him in the category with all those guys. But it wasn't a half-bad little solo. He does need to work on getting his fast picking a little smoother and less 'forceful'. Heck, it's an actual guitar solo--ya gotta start somewhere!

Comment

I'm just in one of my moods.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Oh, I didn't mean to put him in the category with all those guys. But it wasn't a half-bad little solo. He does need to work on getting his fast picking a little smoother and less 'forceful'. Heck, it's an actual guitar solo--ya gotta start somewhere!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I guess what I was thinking (and probably what you were thinking as well) is that by Tremonti playing a solo like that will lead the kids to acually having to play thier guitar.
          I spent alot of my childhood learnig to play guitar, not learning to be a rock star. You had to know how to play to be in a band when I was a kid. I found it rather disgusting that in the ninties you could just pick one up, buy a plaid shirt and you could be in a band.

I want to see the next guitarist that will take it to the next level the way Jimi, Randy, and Eddie did. In a way, Tremonti may just have been the spark for this. There will be somebody out there that may be influenced by his playing and move on to some "real" guitarists. This is only good for us who want to hear some good guitar. I was so tired of having to "dumb down" to play the **** that was on the radio in the 90's (nirvana, bush, creed). This is a breath of fresh air. I still will not play this gay ass song though. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I sure am glad I didn't write this gay ass song and be as crappy a player as many of you say Tremonti is (with a signature PRS, no less),in a pussy band like Creed so I could be out on tour, selling records left and right, cashing huge royalty checks, buying big houses and cool cars and making investments towards my and my families futures, and generally LIVING the life.

Oh yeah. Good thing instead I can sit behind my computer screen, poor as **** wannabe, taking potshots at those who are successful at what they do, making money while making millions of people happy...damn right. I am SO superior cause I am true to my roots...my white trash roots...

WTF!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I sure am glad I didn't write this gay ass song and be as crappy a player as many of you say Tremonti is (with a signature PRS, no less),in a pussy band like Creed so I could be out on tour, selling records left and right, cashing huge royalty checks, buying big houses and cool cars and making investments towards my and my families futures, and generally LIVING the life.

Oh yeah. Good thing instead I can sit behind my computer screen, poor as **** wannabe, taking potshots at those who are successful at what they do, making money while making millions of people happy...damn right. I am SO superior cause I am true to my roots...my white trash roots...

WTF!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
              [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Jeez, thats not what I'm trying to say chuck. I was'nt personally insulting anyone on this board. What I'm saying is that you dont have to be a good guitarist to be successful. So you basicly made my point. You didnt have to call me names, a little uncalled for.

You dont really think these guys are rich do ya? Most are probably more in debt then any of us. I dont know about you, but my house and my cars are all paid off. Not to mention that I just sold a night club for nearly a half mil. Not quite white trash. Mind telling me what I did to deserve personal attacks for? Surely not for having an opinion?

Oh and I've played in clubs since I was sixteen, I've had every experience that I could ask for. I would'nt want to be doing what they are doing at this point in my life.

So I'm gonna guess you really liked the song? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The personal attacks are not cool. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

My response wasn't pointed at you, or any one person in particular. It was pointed at the "keyboard heros" who sit here at this board and others and knock down anybody who's more successful than they are. It was actually written in the first person. Did I strike a nerve with you? Apparently so. It takes a review of you financial worth to prove how secure you are with your self. I'm sorry your ego is that far gone.

You want my financial review? I'm un-employed, single, no kids, my 91 Toyota is paid for, I'm on kidney dialysis and need a transplant, I live with my parents and I'm 43 fukkin years old today.

I'm SO happy for you, in other words, but I'd still rather trade places with Mark Tremonti...

P.S.: Don't even start to school me on how the music business works, who's making money and who's not, or playing for a living...

Comment

I like Uli Roth .....he's not that famous (not really) and plays the guitar better than anyone on Earth..IMO

He's coming to town in Sept...He's my hero.. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I don't think his sky guitar will go into mass production anytime soon ...but if they do , I want one.

so what does this have to do with Creed or Limp Dicklick....nothing . [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

See more personal attacks. I guess you really liked Creed.

I tried to be cool about this but yer kinda being an ass to me. So whatever. I tried to defend myself in a decent way, you intend to insult me more.

Everybody has hardships yours sucks, I hope you can get a transplant. I have 3 bullet holes in me. took me almost two years to learn how to walk again. Again somehow you'll find a way to insult me with that. I suppose I deserved it because I don't like someones music just because they are more rich or famous than me, and ofcourse that makes them a better musician as well. I was'nt trying to "school you" that tone alone is aggresive and tells me you have some sorta beef with me. I dont like Creed. Sue me.

Comment

Who likes Creed ...I don't like Creed!!!

to me "success" does not validate talent.....Jesse Jackson / Al Sharpton is a good example of that.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

No, he's talking about me. I haven't taken my **** medicine today apparently.

By the looks of my last few posts, I need to leave this board for a while.

Sorry VanOsbourne.

Comment

Its OK chuck. I think yer really pissed about something, I just cant see its all this.

Have a good day, Mike.

Comment

This board will drive you coo coo sometimes ...

I know all about that!!!

Take it easy Chuck ...I never argue here anymore ....except for me and John constantly debating over the Marshall JMP-1.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't think anyone here is really knocking Creed/Limp Bizkit/whoever because of their success. And I don't think financial success in the music business insulates an act from artistic criticism. Would I trade financial places with this Tremonti guy? Mostly likely yes. Would I trade my artistic integrity to do so. Maybe I'm weird, but no, I don't think I'd do that. If music becomes nothing more than a paycheck, then it turns into nothing but just a crappy job--heck, I've already got one of those... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X