Stupid ebay side deals!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid ebay side deals!!!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] I just had to vent a little about an on going problem on ebay. I hate it when you bid on an item only to have the wind snatched from your sail because the seller did some side deal. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Of course they will tell you they just decided not to sell it, but 9 times out of 10 they struck a deal with someone who offered them more money than they thought they would get [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] If you didn't want to sell it in an auction style setting then post it for sale somewhere else on the internet!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] Sorry, I know everyone has had this issue at one time or another, but its happened to be 3 times in the last couple weeks on an item I've been looking for to complete a project. All I can say is I hate the bastards! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Stupid ebay side deals!!!!!

My goodness! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I personally think sellers should not be allowed to cancel their auctions once the bidding has started. I know they won't do that. I propose they charge a $50.00 cancellation fee. That should slow 'em down a little. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I guess some people use E-bay as classifieds.
        They list items and sell outside of E-bay.
        Sure E-bay gets the most attention of people and think how hard to sell stuff if there was no E-bay?

I have seen many deals and especially Jackson and Charvel, I have seen tons of stuff sold outside of E-bay.
        As a buyer, it is a smart way to contact the sellers and buy outside of E-bay.
        If the sellers have good feedbacks, I would never hesitate to do it.

The way of using E-bay has been charging and you have to deal with it.
        Even this is not allowed to deal outside of E-bay when you posted an auction, people will do it just because it is easier and also for the sellers, they can save fukking stupid fees that E-bay charges when the auctions are over.

Comment

As a seller I have noticed reserve listing prices have gone up quite a bit, perhaps to try to recoup from some of these losses.

Comment

Exactly.
            Way too much for the reserve auction now.
            That is why we see more BIN prices now which are much less fees.
            Of course many BIN prices are very high as well but it helps for whoever have money and willing to buy it to end it quick, plus it works for seller to sell something quick as well.

Comment

I used to have a problem with that as well, but then I got over it and joined in, and I've snagged some nice ones that way. So have a lot of other people. A few people have tried to fukk up someone's side deal (back door) - Greg was getting an SD Star a while back dirt cheap and someone emailed the seller saying what it was really worth - almost cost Greg the deal, but IIRC the seller did honor it, though thanks to some jealous a$$hole's meddling, the once-clueless seller now knows how much they go for. If he's got access to a stash of them, no one's getting a deal on them.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It's called "Backdooring" and it's a way of life. I do it all the time.

Comment

I don't like it either

it happens all the time. I agree that eBay is getting like a classified. I've seen a bunch of auctions of late that says "Item is listed locally" to give heads up that it can be backdoored and the auction stopped. If you see something that you really want, try to strike a side deal and offer the seller max amount that you will pay for it. As a seller I wouldn't do a backdoor deal from a buyer with low feedback.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I don't like it either

it happens all the time. I agree that eBay is getting like a classified. I've seen a bunch of auctions of late that says "Item is listed locally" to give heads up that it can be backdoored and the auction stopped. If you see something that you really want, try to strike a side deal and offer the seller max amount that you will pay for it. As a seller I wouldn't do a backdoor deal from a buyer with low feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I hate it, but I guess like you said Shawn, if I really want an item I'm going to have to approach the seller on the side. I wouldn't do it and haven't done it for anyone when I was selling. I just tell them if they want it, then bid. That's what ebay is all about IMHO. I guess I got so upset because it was the third time it happened to me on similar items.

Comment

Working...
                    X