Had to put my dog down today :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to put my dog down today :(

RIP Jake the big black lab aka "Blackie".

Wrote a song about him the other day...

Blackie
    --------
    well he's big and black
    and he smells really bad
    but he's a really good
    friend of mine,

and he eats too much
    and his hair's falling out
    but he's a really good
    friend iof mine,

and when i'm down
    he's always there
    to pick me up

oh yeah
    he's a really good
    friend of mine.

Love ya bud.

Re: Had to put my dog down today

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Sorry to hear this news. It is always a tough thing to lose a pet. They truly are part of the family. My cat is at least 15, I am not sure because he was full grown when I adopted him. When his time comes I will be crushed. Hang in there.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Sorry to hear bro, it's never easy....... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Sorry to hear this sad news but he trusted you to do what's best for him and that's exactly what you did.

"Beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. rather hold me gently in your arms, remembering sunny days and hours upon hours of play and companionship, and allow skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest, and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands." ~Unknown
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

That sux. Pets become family and it is always sad to have to put one down.

Matt

Comment

Sorry to hear that. RIP "Blackie".

Comment

RIP. Tough thing to do. My dog had surgery last week and it is always in the back of your mind when they have to go under for a while too. Get another dog. Blackie would want you to have a great companion to replace him while you are still on this earth.

Comment

Thanks guys, it's tough but I believe we did the right thing. We have two other dogs, so in a way it's not as bad but it's still hard. My wife and I were there holding his head and looking into his eyes when he drew his last. He was a good one. We will miss him very much.

Comment

Sorry 'bout your bud dude ....I know i'll be sad if Pico goes.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, frankencat. I know how it is. I spend the last minutes alone with our beloved dog when he died. Tough moment.
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Sorry to that Frankencat. I have 2 dogs my self and they become like your kids in a way. Jake's a great name, that's my Border Collies name. RIP Jake.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about Blackie, Frankencat. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                        It's always always hard to lose such a faithful friend like that. I like the lyrics you wrote for him.

Take care,
                        Em

Comment

Here's to you Jake...you were a really good dog. We're gonna miss you!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about Blackie. I know how you feel as I been there myself.

Comment

RIP Blackie. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I know how tough it is to lose a beloved pet. From the picture, he looks like he lived a long, happy life. That's all any of us can ever really ask for.

Comment

Working...
                              X